If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary)
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines
- Trade in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary)
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
- Work with cloud systems, pipelines and resources
- Perform data storage and persistence containers querying using SQL, NoSQL and caching technologies
- Develop loosely coupled solutions that are scalable, testable, modularized and reusable
- Develop solutions that leverage existing frameworks and libraries, align with the overall company architecture and vision, and are compliant with the established coding standards and other engineering principles
- Participate in peer discussions on architecture and the overall direction of Carvana platforms
- Work in a team environment using Agile project approaches (Scrum, Lean, XP)
- Participate in all Scrum activities such as creating user stories, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives
- Understand the business requirements and applies solutions that align with the long-term strategies and scalable architecture goals
- Identifies, assesses, and manages risks to ensure successful achievement of sprint deliverables
- Provide thought leadership and technical direction to other junior team members
- Learn and try new technologies, approaches and participate in bringing software engineering in Carvana to the next level
- 7+ years of software engineering, with consistently advancing skills and responsibilities
- Expertise with at least one object-oriented language (C#, Java, Visual Basic, C++ etc.)
- Experience in building contemporary scalable solutions, supporting high load and availability, understanding caching, sharding, container based architecture
- Experience in working with data storages (SQL or NoSQL)
- Experience in working with any cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, RedHat etc.)
- Experience in contemporary code quality practices: writing unit and integration tests, using test coverage, continuous integration and continuous deployment etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills, especially in representing their technical expertise to a diverse audience
- Self-motivated; works well both independently and collaboratively
- A positive attitude and an excellent sense of humor
- 10+ years of software development experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Experience in building micro-service architecture
- Experience in writing CI/CD pipelines, using Docker and/or Kubernates and container-oriented architecture
- Familiarity with any contemporary UI framework or library, such as React, AngularJS or VUE
- Experience in using CDN to deliver static content
- Experience in CQRS and/or Event Sourcing
- Experience in working with GraphQL
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.