Team Lead, Capacity Planning (Workforce Management)
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”). We provide a seamless, online car buying experience from consumers from A-to-Z. From acquiring, inspecting, and certifying high quality cars, to providing 360° high-resolution photography inside and outside of the vehicle, to generating real-time financing and warranty options, to providing consumers with the option to have cars delivered to their driveway in as little as 24 hours or pick-up from one of our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machines (yes, you read that right) all with a 7-day Money Back Guarantee, we’ve made it our mission to redefine the car buying status quo. With no dealerships or commissioned sales people, we also save thousands of dollars per car in expenses that we pass on to our customers.
Recently named Forbes’ 5th Most Promising Company in the U.S., we offer the excitement, culture and opportunity of a start-up, with the capitalization and infrastructure of a much more established business. For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video!
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
We also have Wacky Pants Wednesdays…so you’ll have to come correct here to compete with our CEO Ernie.
Serves as the leader and primary point-of-contact for day to day real-time monitoring and scheduling operations. This includes real-time queue monitoring, scheduling, attendance processing, and queue performance reporting, as well as skilling operations for the Customer Care Centers. Provides oversight and guidance to operations on process/exception management. Leads and supports a team of Capacity Planning Specialists responsible for these functions. Provides development and improves team skill set and performance over time. Accountable for all aspects of intraday performance. Develops forward-looking department strategies to enhance performance and improve productivity.
- Work to ensure the team is proactively working to meet service level agreements by staying appraised of trends while remaining in constant communication with Care leadership.
- Responsible for hiring, ongoing training, coaching and development, and performance management with the Capacity Planning Specialists. Provide development and improve team skill set and performance over time.
- Provides oversight for multiple simultaneous Capacity planning related projects and ensures the team uses efficient processes with steps that promote accurate output.
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness, and sense of urgency meets or exceeds minimum expectations for each Analyst role.
- Remove obstacles for Specialist team to promote successful outcomes.
- Promote an environment that fosters trust, integrity, and accountability within the team
- Provide appropriate and timely recognition and feedback to Specialists as needed.
- Promote process improvements that help save time, increase accuracy, and/or provide a better customer experience.
- Maintain open lines of communication and manages relationships with these parties to ensure optimal performance.
- Communicate pertinent information about the day-to-day operation of the Capacity Planning department both verbally and in writing to the Sr. Manager of Capacity Planning.
- Build relationships and collaborate with multiple business partners on an ongoing basis.
Create value driven business solutions while balancing business and employee needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business discipline (eg. Finance, Accounting, Management, math, etc) or 5+ years of equivalent work experience in Workforce Management/Capacity Planning.
- Superior knowledge of workforce management software (Aspect, IEX, eWFM, Verint Impact 360/Blue Pumpkin, or Genesys)
- 3+ years’ experience conducting optimal schedule analysis (shift bid) or capacity planning
- 3+ years of leadership experience in Capacity Planning/WFM in a multi-site, multi-channel contact center with >500 agents
- Superior skills using Microsoft Excel
- Ability to demonstrate and articulate understanding of key Capacity Planning concepts as related to demand forecasting, headcount capacity planning, scheduling, real time monitoring, skilling, call routing, and performance improvement
- Demonstrated knowledge of call routing process and technology on InContact, Avaya, or Cisco platform
- Demonstrated ability to coach to results and improve performance and behavior of direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to train all Capacity Planning concepts to team members of varying experience and ability
- Proven experience providing project and change management for multiple, simultaneous department and cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize quantitative data into easy to understand and actionable recommendations through a consulting mind set.
- Proven ability to present data in a clear and concise manner that if effective and easy for the audience to understand.
- Ability to anticipate questions from leadership and internal business partners.
- Must have a sense of humor.
- Superior knowledge of InContact phone routing and skilling
- Superior knowledge of contact center forecasting methodology
- Six Sigma certification (green, yellow, or black belt)
- Project management certification (PMP)
The Team Lead of Capacity Planning will report to the Sr. Manager of Capacity Planning and is an exempt, full-time position based in our Tempe office. No travel is required.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN…
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screen
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer