Are you passionate about researching what’s happening across industries/companies and connecting with smart and innovative people to find the best talent for Carvana? Do you want to have an immediate impact on one of the fastest growing public companies in the US? Are you excited to work closely with business leaders to develop talent strategies that will take our business to the next level?
Reporting into our Director of Operations Talent, the Recruiter is responsible for partnering with department leadership to drive full-cycle recruiting for key positions – developing search strategies, driving talent identification and assessment and providing an incredible candidate experience. In this role, you would work closely with senior leaders across departments and interact daily with various members of the People Operations team.
We are seeking a dynamic individual who is a strategic operator, consultative and has a strong intellectual curiosity along with the drive & motivation to help shape the future of Carvana’s talent. One of the most important things we do is to hire great people and make them love their job and this role will play an instrumental role in making that happen!
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Manage end-to-end leadership-level hiring from initial candidate contact to onboarding – including research, recruiting strategies, candidate experience, negotiations, partnering with People Operations for successful onboarding, and communicating status to all stakeholders along the way.
- Partner with business leaders and hiring managers to assess their talent requirements and advise on the best hiring strategy.
- Conduct consultative intake calls, provide weekly status reports, assess risks/challenges, and drive solution-oriented results.
- Conduct thorough behavioral based interviews and phone screens to assess both technical baseline as well as skills be successful in Carvana culture.
- Foster trust-based relationships with candidates, gaining a close understanding of their requirements and concerns. Serve as a skilled problem solver, facilitator and coach in final negotiations.
- Provide strategic thought partnership while demonstrating a deep understanding of Carvana’s business and industry and how external talent can inform Carvana’s growth.
- Become a contributing member of the Recruiting team that effectively embodies and promotes the culture and values.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution required
- Master’s in Business Administration preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in operations leadership, consulting, human resources or related field preferred
- 2+ years’ of people leadership experience preferred
- An outstanding communicator with relationship-building skills – your friends would call you authentic, energetic, persuasive, and self-aware. You know when to listen, as well as when to speak up.
- Strong project management and negotiation skills
- Able to hustle – you get things done even after everyone else has given up, and work hard because you love to. You have a bias towards action.
- Strong track record of solving complex problems, designing creative strategies, and delivering significant impact as a manager and a leader.
- Displays strong business acumen – sees the big picture and operates with perspective
- Demonstrated personal accountability and integrity.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.