Recently ranked #5 in Forbes Magazine’s list of America’s Most Promising Companies, Carvana offers the excitement, culture and opportunity of a start-up along with the capitalization and infrastructure of an established business.
We sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. At Carvana, we’ve made it our mission to transform how cars are bought and sold. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way so we committed to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
We provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers. From our searchable showroom of fully-inspected, certified cars, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and warranty packages, customer satisfaction is at the core of our business. Additionally, we deliver cars to the buyer’s driveway in 24 hours or offer pick-up from one of our state-of-the-art car vending machines (yes, you read that right) all with a 7-day money back guarantee. With no dealerships or commissioned sales people, we also save thousands of dollars per car, which we pass on to our customers.
Market Operations Managers (also known as MOMs) at Carvana play a dynamic role. They need to be great communicators, brand ambassadors, and possess the know-how to get the job done. Leadership skills are critical, as MOMs provide vision for a team of extremely talented Customer Advocates and are responsible for developing their teams into highly organized units. Not unlike your traditional mom, they are part mentor, teacher, analyst, and sometimes counselor (in the “I will listen to your problems and not judge” way rather than “I need legal representation” way).
In other words, MOMs wear a lot of hats. They manage logistics, inventory quality, scheduling, registration paperwork, customer experience, employee experience, community outreach, and both mentoring and training programs. It can be an autonomous job that requires good decision-making skills, but the growth potential is tremendous and you’ll always have a direct link to leadership at Carvana’s home office in Phoenix. In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and most creative technology companies around, helping us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team.
Thank you for your patience. You can resume your mile a minute day and finish up your latest project so you can walk your dog before you go to hot yoga…or is that Tuesday? Today’s the 3-mile hike and a swim? So hard to keep it all straight. How do you do it?
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution. Honorary degrees, while impressive, won’t suffice…
- At least five years of relevant experience in team leadership roles managing multiple employees
- Experience handling logistics
- An ability to operate in ambiguity with the grace of a gazelle…not the gazelle being hungrily chased by a lion, but the one bounding effortlessly through an open African savanna.
- An appreciation for differences of opinion.
- The savvy to manage employee and customer experience, as both will get messy at times, and to thrive in these situations by making interactions rewarding for all involved.
- The skills to examine processes and develop creative solutions.
- An understanding that things will change. We need to know you are okay with that.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once. In other words, you’re a multi-tasking wizard!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Full-time salaried position – salary level dependent on experience
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Employee car discount
- Opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others
- Company culture of internal promotions, diverse career paths and rapid advancement
- Access to an incredibly sharp and innovative leadership team
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screening. This position also requires a DOT physical and 3-year DMV record review.
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.