At Carvana, we sell cars, but we're not salespeople. Since 2013, we've been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that's $Trillion with a "T").
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles' interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we've built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video!
CARVANA SUMMER INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE:
Ready to take your prospective new career for a spin? By joining the Carvana Internship Experience, you can expect to be part of a program that will have you both playing a vital role in a cross-functional department project, as well as receiving a holistic view of Carvana and our dynamic start-up culture.
As a Carvana Intern, you won't be sent on coffee runs, but you will be expected to enjoy all the free cold brew coffee you can drink and participate in company-wide Pickleball tournaments. You will work alongside team members across multiple Carvana divisions, including, People Operations, Accounting, Tech Services, Logistics and Finance.
For this paid, full-time summer internship spanning ten weeks, we are dedicated to investing in your professional development and are seeking eager candidates who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us deliver on our motto to provide a better way to buy a car!
LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ (Home Office)
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
A creative, motivated IT Project Coordinator Intern to join a rapidly growing, creative and innovative organization with a passion to get into IT Project Management. You'll need to be approachable and always willing to go above and beyond to serve fellow employees with their IT needs. The IT Project Coordinator Intern will help with the development and cataloging of project artifacts (business requirements, system requirements, enterprise architecture, security reviews, etc.) as well as assist with project direction and coordination activities. You'll contribute in a meaningful and tangible way and will gain unique skills along the way. You might work on projects like maintenance, monitoring, and analysis of audit logs, setting baselines and monitoring traffic, logging systems to Splunk, and/or working on completing system and software inventory, creating naming conventions, and more.
You'll have to make sure the team knows who's up next, what's expected of them, and when they can call it done. The ideal candidate will be part business analyst, network analyst and project coordinator. Artifact farming, cat-herding, and ninja skills should be part of your DNA.
We expect smart, take-charge, swashbuckling, adventure-loving people who are willing to put on a game-face, take on new challenges and juggle many assignments at once. In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and most creative technology companies around.
SPECIFICALLY, AS A CARVANA PROJECT COORDINATOR INTERN, YOU WILL:
- Create, update, and manage project artifacts - You get to define the “what and how” of proposed projects
- Interface with all project stakeholders and assist with communicating project status, risks, actions, issues, and dependencies - You get to talk to people about the “what and how” you have helped define and keep them up to speed on how the team is progressing toward the team’s shared goals.
- Facilitate project communication and decision making - You get to identify and bring together the right brains into the right room to make the right decisions. Then you get to write down what those decisions were!
- Facilitate business process design/re-engineering discussions and document the outcomes - You get to host meetings to think through interesting, unique problems. Then you get to write them down!
- Assist in developing project management tools and procedures - You get to help the Sr Manager of Projects develop how and where you write down all this information you are gathering and how the team distributes it
- Log all project work in Jira and Confluence - If you haven’t already, you get to learn how Jira and COnfluence work! It’s what all the cool kids are doing these days.
- Maintain the Tech Services PMO project library - You get to help keep all the projects in the project team’s library groomed and well organized so people can easily access what they are looking for.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST….
- Currently be a rising Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor's degree at an accredited university. Ideally your degree program will be in Business, Information Technology, Cyber Security or a related field.
- Have a GPA that is proof of your solid work ethic (GPA of 3.5 or above required).
- Experience coordinating and managing projects is a plus.
- Have a team player mentality. We want someone who understands team dynamics and values teamwork.
- Be a high energy, forward thinking self-starter.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Have a sense of humor. Kinda serious about this one.
- Have a high sense of urgency, attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- You will not leave your personality at home. We thrive from each unique perspective. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions and experience.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN…
- Full-Time Hourly Position for the course of the 10-week program
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Awesome company culture
- Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer. Carvana complies with all applicable local, state, and federal laws. If hired, all employees are required to follow and abide by all company policies, procedures, and practices. The duties and responsibilities identified herein are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time. Must be legally authorized to work for Carvana in the United States. Hiring, following a conditional offer of employment, is contingent upon passing a complete background check.