At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
An Infrastructure Development and Operations (IDO) Analyst to join a rapidly growing organization. The IDO Analyst is responsible for partnering with our leaders across operations and technology to provide data-driven insights and strategy recommendations. The IDO Analyst is expected to work with Property Management leadership to contribute to the data integration of customer contact systems and build out long-term reporting initiatives to streamline Property Management at Carvana. This individual is capable of determining what data points we need to guide strategic decision making, becoming an expert in our SQL databases to retrieve those data points, building dashboards and reports to provide visibility into those metrics and reviewing and analyzing the results to collaborate with decision makers on strategic changes.
In addition to supporting Property Management, the IDO Analyst will also become the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) subject matter expert for strategic analysis of real estate expansion. The IDO Analyst should expect to devote significant time in the first 90 days training to use ESRI ArcGIS software, including taking online tutorials without significant direction or help from a supervisor. The IDO Analyst will be responsible for employing GIS analytics to answer enterprise-wide questions regarding business and hiring demographics, sales and growth patterns, and routes across the United States and will present these insights to a director audience. Most importantly, your insights and work ethic will have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
AS AN IDO ANALYST, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE...
Process Design and Strategic Initiatives
- Participate in design of data architecture for customer contact management systems
- Collaborate with department leaders on solutions for improvement
- Model out identified solutions to forecast the impacts of proposed changes
- Meet with department leaders on monthly/quarterly basis to review forecasts to ensure operations is making necessary adjustments to prepare for the future
- Collaborating with Operators to determine reporting needs
- Writing SQL logic to gather necessary data
- Development and maintenance of operational reporting (often in Tableau dashboards)
- Work with Property Management operational leaders to develop KPIs that define success
- Develop KPI dashboards for leaders
- Regular review of dashboards
- Detailed analysis as necessary based on KPIs. Communication of findings to department leaders along with recommendations for correction
- Become subject matter expert in using ESRI ArcGIS software
- Maintain geospatial data in SQL server databases
- Format GIS outputs for data consumers and build links from internal data sources to the GIS environment and other business intelligence platforms
- Work with predictive modeling team to integrate model outputs into visualizations for logistical and operational flows
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 2-5 years of qualifying experience in a data analysis, reporting, and strategy capacity
- Comfort operating within a highly ambiguous environment, where you’ll need to introduce, design, and explain data processes that drive forward the analytics culture of the team
- Fluency in Excel, SQL, and Tableau or other BI tool (Note: you will have to pass a SQL test)
- Ability to self-teach. One of your responsibilities is gaining mastery of ESRI ArcGIS mapping software
- Expert-level communication skills for translating analytical concepts into layperson’s terms and tailoring your work product to different audiences
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
- Hiring is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in the United States and passing a complete background check.
- Experience writing scripts in Python
- Environmental or geospatial data analysis experience or coursework
- Previous work experience in ultra-high growth startup or fast paced consulting environment
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. Carvana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.