At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video!
CARVANA SUMMER INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE:
Ready to take your prospective new career for a spin? By joining the Carvana Internship Experience, you can expect to be part of a program that will have you both playing a vital role in a cross-functional department project, as well as receiving a holistic view of Carvana and our dynamic start-up culture.
As a Carvana Intern, you won’t be sent on coffee runs, but you will be expected to enjoy all the free cold brew coffee you can drink and participate in company-wide Pickleball tournaments. You will work alongside team members across multiple Carvana divisions, including, People Operations, Accounting, Tech Services, Logistics and Finance.
For this paid, full-time summer internship spanning ten weeks, we are dedicated to investing in your professional development and are seeking eager candidates who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us deliver on our motto to provide a better way to buy a car!
LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ (Home Office)
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
A creative, motivated Tech Services Intern to join a rapidly growing, creative and innovative organization. You'll need to be approachable and always willing to go above and beyond to serve fellow employees with their IT needs. The Tech Services Intern will help with the day to day needs of users across the company, participate in projects to log technical issues, track inventory, and set up all IT accessories for new hires. You’ll contribute in a meaningful and tangible way and will gain unique skills in system administration, networking, troubleshooting, and more along the way.
We expect smart, take-charge, swashbuckling, adventure-loving people who are willing to put on a game-face, take on new challenges and juggle many assignments at once. In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and most creative technology companies around. Also, we have snacks and coffee.
SPECIFICALLY, AS A CARVANA INTERN, YOU CAN EXPECT THAT….
- You will be responsible for the set up and IT support of all 2020 Summer Interns
- You will check in with new hires to ensure a successful IT experience.
- You will own A/V set up and troubleshooting for conference rooms.
- You will master our ticketing system and provide detailed notes for the team.
- You will deal with anything that is powered (wired or wireless) and at one time or another, someone will ask you to either fix it, explain it or throw it in a recycling bin.
- You will take incoming calls, answer emails and respond to walk-up user requests.
- You will adhere to team SLAs for customer service.
- You will learn the ins and outs of vendor management and negotiation.
- You will learn A LOT while helping to shape our growing IT department.
- You will work on solving important business challenges within your respective team.
- You will work with other interns on a ten week, cross-functional business project.
- You will attend weekly Lunch & Learns with department leaders throughout the organization.
- You will participate in different intern activities and outreach events.
- You will help identify what we have missed.
- You will help us build a stronger company. Every day.
- You will multitask and prioritize with the swiftness of a ninja. We work within multiple systems, so the pace is fast and you’ll rarely be doing one thing at a time.
- No day will exactly like the other. Being adaptable and flexible are critical!
- You will perform other duties as assigned.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST….
- Be working toward a Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field.
- Ideally, you have some certifications under your belt (CompTIA A+, anyone?)
- Have a GPA that is proof of your solid work ethic (GPA of 3.5 or above required).
- Have a team player mentality. We want someone who understands team dynamic and values teamwork.
- Be a high energy, forward thinking self-starter.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Have a sense of humor. Kinda serious about this one.
- Have a high sense of urgency, attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- You will not leave your personality at home. We thrive from each unique perspective. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN…
- Full-Time Hourly Position for the course of the 10 week program
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Awesome company culture
- Perks like unlimited snacks and iced coffee on tap
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer. Carvana complies with all applicable local, state, and federal laws. If hired, all employees are required to follow and abide by all company policies, procedures, and practices. The duties and responsibilities identified herein are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time. Must be legally authorized to work for Carvana in the United States. Hiring, following a conditional offer of employment, is contingent upon passing a complete background check.