At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video!
CARVANA SUMMER INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE:
Ready to take your prospective new career for a spin? By joining the Carvana Cyber Security Internship, you can expect to be part of a program that will have you playing a vital role in a cross-functional department projects, as well as receiving a view of Carvana and our dynamic start-up culture.
As a Carvana intern, you will work alongside team members across multiple Carvana divisions, including, People Operations, Accounting, Tech Services, Logistics and Finance.
For this internship, we are dedicated to investing in your professional development and are seeking eager candidates who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us deliver on our motto to provide a better way to buy a car!
LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ (Home Office)
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
A creative, motivated Cyber Security Intern to join a rapidly growing, creative and innovative organization. You'll need to be approachable and willing to go above and beyond to serve fellow employees with their needs, while ensuring Cavana stays CyberSecure. The Cyber Security Intern program will consist of coming up with a project to solve a real world security issue at Carvana, and take it from start to implementation, using industry leading security tools. You’ll contribute in a meaningful and tangible way and will gain unique skills along the way. Some of the projects may include building a hardened operating system platform, build a threat dashboard in our SIEM and/or working with managers to report on control objectives and/or creating algorithms for detecting indicators of compromise, and more.
If you spend your time playing with security tools and figuring out how technology works, or often find yourself reverse engineering things or find yourself exploring ideas on how to hunt for attacker activity, then we want to talk to you. The ideal candidate will be familiar with technology and have a proven passion for information security. Network packet sniffing, scripting and security ninja skills should be part of your DNA.
We are looking for a take-charge, swashbuckling, adventure-loving people who are willing to put on a game-face, take on new challenges and juggle many assignments at once. In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and most creative technology companies around.
SPECIFICALLY, AS A CARVANA CYBER SECURITY INTERN, YOU WILL:
- Create and drive a real company information security objective.
- Collaborate and validate security controls
- Participate in defining technical and business requirements.
- Implement or build a security tool or control.
- Configure systems for analytical output.
- Research and hunt for threats and weaknesses.
- Research, and analyze a wide variety of commodity-based malware and techniques.
- Make and deliver a presentation to the team at the completion of the project.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST….
- Currently be a rising Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree at an accredited university. Ideally, your degree program will be in Business, Information Technology, Cyber Security or a related field.
- Have a GPA that is proof of your solid work ethic (GPA of 3.5 or above required).
- Have an understanding of Cyber Security best practices.
- Have a team player mentality. We want someone who understands team dynamic and values teamwork.
- Be a high energy, forward thinking self-starter.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Have a sense of humor. Kinda serious about this one.
- Have a high sense of urgency, attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- You will not leave your personality at home. We thrive from each unique perspective. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions and experience.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN…
- Full-Time Hourly Position for the course of the 10-week program.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set, contribute meaningfully, and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- Awesome company culture with an amazing, cross-functional internship cohort.
- Perks like unlimited snacks and iced coffee on tap.
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.
Carvana complies with all applicable local, state, and federal laws. If hired, all employees are required to follow and abide by all company policies, procedures, and practices.
The duties and responsibilities identified herein are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
Must be legally authorized to work for Carvana in the United States.
Hiring, following a conditional offer of employment, is contingent upon passing a complete background check.