MANAGER, PARTS DEPARTMENT
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
Creating an impactful and extraordinary customer experience is at the heart of Carvana. Our goal is to place the customer in control of the car buying experience and infuse honesty and transparency back into the car buying process.
The Parts Manager will be asked to leverage their functional expertise in parts management to ensure all vehicles going through the reconditioning process are receiving the necessary automotive parts needed in order to bring them to Carvana vehicle standards while meeting cost and cycle time requirements. This role will work closely with the General Manager of Parts for the Inspection Center organization as well as the on-site leadership team to maximize department production efforts through inventory management, auditing parts invoices, and associate management and development. Additionally, the Parts Manager will be responsible for managing small teams close to the parts ordering process to ensure parts our being ordered within the established parameters. The Parts Manager will be held accountable for maintaining relationships with local vendors and monitoring vendor performance while enforcing policies and procedures to ensure successful execution of organization-wide strategy. The ideal candidate for this role will be a driven and energetic people leader who can work cross-functionally across multiple levels and departments within the Inspection Center while having laser focused attention to detail skills in order to keep accurate parts inventory counts and minimize parts returns.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
The qualifying candidate must love helping people and possess the drive to achieve superior customer satisfaction. They must be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Lead and manage a team of specialty parts buyers to verify the correct parts are being ordered within the appropriate parameters and timelines.
- Leverage expertise to help meet organization KPIs and measure employees performance, hold employees accountable and maximize department efforts.
- Partner and maintain quality relationships with local parts vendors and manage vendor performance to ensure vendors are meeting our expectations and business needs.
- Work closely with the on-site leadership team to hire, train, motivate, and monitor the performance of all parts department staff.
- Oversee open parts orders and parts aging lists to effectively minimize parts returns and reduce unexpected costs.
- Sustain an organized parts room within the Inspection Center to help keep accurate parts inventory counts.
- Perform loss prevention duties by meeting accounting and LP requirements to prevent parts theft and reduce spend for the business.
- Conduct consistent verification of process audits to ensure standard operating procedures (SOPs) are being followed correctly by employees.
- Develop and provide guidance to leaders in the parts department in order to help them grow their functional expertise and leadership skills.
- Support the Inspection Center team by communicating when vehicle parts are received for vehicles moving through the reconditioning process to help meet production targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
The ideal candidate for this role will preferably have a background in automotive parts management experience leading others while working with a team of cross-functional partners.
- 5-7 years of parts management strongly preferred.
- Either a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- Proven track record of monitoring and working with parts vendors to make sure parts are ordered in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities overseeing multiple teams and initiatives simultaneously.
- Excellent oral communication, written communication, and active listening skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Vigilant attention to detail working with computer systems and applications.
- Experience in project management and exceptional organizational skills.
- An ability to learn quickly, effectively transfer knowledge to others, and delegate tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- A valid driver’s license.
- A clean driving record with no more than two moving violations or DUI’s in the last three years.
WE’D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD:
- Former experience managing parts in the automotive industry.
- A background working with vehicle dealerships or automotive parts vendors.
- Former experience in project management overseeing large scale initiatives
- A background in loss prevention preferably in the retail industry.
- Leadership experience managing across multiple departments.
- Experience working in an ambiguous environment or a fast-paced, growing company.
- An understanding of lean manufacturing principles and concepts.
The Manager, Parts will report to the General Manager, Reconditioning and will be a salaried full-time position based in Heath, Ohio . Some travel will be required.
- This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet
- Requires standing for an extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, masks, and other protective garments and equipment
- Requires frequent driving and computer data entry
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.