TRAINING SPECIALIST, RECONDITIONING
Recently ranked #5 in Forbes Magazine’s list of America’s Most Promising Companies, Carvana offers the excitement, culture and opportunity of a start-up, along with the capitalization and infrastructure of an established business.
We sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. At Carvana, we’ve made it our mission to transform how cars are bought and sold. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way so we committed to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world - the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
We provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers. From our searchable showroom of fully-inspected, certified cars to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and warranty packages. With delivery possible to the buyer’s driveway in 24 hours or pick-up available from one of our state-of-the-art car vending machines (yes, you read that right) all with a 7-day money back guarantee, customer satisfaction is at the core of our business. With no dealerships or commissioned sales people, we also save thousands of dollars per car that we pass on to our customers.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
Creating an extraordinary customer experience (for both our external and internal customers) is at the heart of Carvana. Our goal is to place the customer in control of the car buying experience and infuse honesty and transparency back into the car buying process.
As a Training Lead, you will leverage your skills and expertise to train Inspection Center personnel and maintain training courses and technical reference materials for our Automotive Inspection Center. This role will work closely with the Inspection Center team and local SMEs to administer and track training for new hires and existing employees. The Training Lead will support our Safety and IC Talent Teams by driving execution of our training programs in the field as needed. The ideal candidate for this role will be organized, creative, driven and passionate about employee training and development.
This role will report to the Associate Director of Inspection Center Training and Program Development. This is a full-time, salaried position based out of our Inspection Center in Greenfield, IN. Travel may be required according to business need.
The Inspection Centers operate two shifts. First shift is M-F from 6:00AM to 2:45PM. The Second shift is a 4-day work week M-Thurs from 3:30PM to 2:15AM. This role will be required to work a mid-shift in order to cover both shifts, flexibility is required in scheduling.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Drive the delivery of current and future training programs through facilitation/administration of training content, tracking course completion and providing reporting on NSAT, KPI, Kirkpatrick, or other structured data.
- Ensure all training programs rolled out across the Inspection Center platform are successfully being executed at your designated site location.
- Effectively partner with all levels of leadership across the Inspection Center to ensure training and technical employee development programs are being executed as directed (Standardized Work, Training for Excellence, Training Matrix, etc).
- Provide support to our IC Talent and Safety teams by administering onboarding and safety training.
- Partner with Inspection Center GM and HR Generalist to scheduling training deliveries.
- Help maintain alignment across the organization by facilitating and tracking training at your site in accordance with the master calendar for training.
- Ensure all identified peer-to-peer trainers at the Inspection Center have completed the necessary training and meet all designated requirements before training others.
- Maintain training records; arrange information and files in a useful manner.
- Provide reports and feedback on the progress of employees under guidance during training periods.
- Maintain a presence on the shop floor by regularly walking the floor, attending and participating in team meetings, and following-up with leadership to ensure training effectiveness.
- Work an adjusted schedule to support both shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- Corporate classroom delivery experience as a lead trainer or facilitator (technical, process, call center).
- Experience in a manufacturing or shop environment preferred but not required.
- Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision, independently when needed and as part of a team.
- Ability to build relationships across the Inspection Center organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate training schedules and desired outcomes.
- Excellent communications skills, oral and written.
- Ability to interpret technical data, processes, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of audiences and engage and influence stakeholders.
- Ability to simply and effectively communicate complex concepts and materials to individuals and groups of varying experience.
- Ability to interact effectively with all departments and employee levels.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Strong analysis and decision making ability.
- Solid organization, project management and planning skills.
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, organization and time management skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Will be required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous material.
- Frequent standing and sitting with varying periods of each.
- May at times require working different shifts.
- Walk up to three miles each day.
- Lift up to 40 pounds frequently.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screening.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.