At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5dpBRp0-_w )
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
Creating an extraordinary customer experience is at the heart of Carvana. Our goal is to place the customer in control of the car buying experience and infuse honesty and transparency back into the car buying process.
As an Inventory Advocate, you will play an integral part in managing the market’s inventory management processes, including but not limited to: the movement of vehicles, staging vehicles for return to inspection centers, and performing quality assurance assessments on vehicles at the local hub.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Using Carvana inventory technology to locate and complete vehicle quality intakes
- Partnering with Carvana’s centralized logistics team to validate vehicle arrival/departure times
- Ensuring all vehicles arrive to the Carvana hub on time for scheduled deliveries/pickups
- Organizing inventory to ensure lot space is maximized
- Responsible for managing the backhaul process for the local hub
- Responsible for completing safety inspections on Carvana single and double car haulers for vehicle integrity and DOT compliance
- Interacting and communicating with team members and management across all lines of the business
- Other duties as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license (with a clean driving record for the past 3 years)
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Ability to multitask and prioritize efficiently while working in outdoor environments
- Is a team player and has an understanding of the value of teamwork and how teams work
- Possess the energy and drive to accomplish goals, meet deadlines and find solutions
- Ability to pass DOT physical, drug screen, and background check
- Ability to work as a team player and interact with customers, managers and coworkers in a professional, courteous manner
- Strong decision making ability
- Possess the energy and drive to accomplish goals, meet deadlines, and find solutions
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours including: nights, weekends, and holidays
The Inventory Advocate will be an hourly full-time position.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Full-Time hourly position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
WORK REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS The work requirements and physical demands here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to walk/stand and sustain physical activity for extended periods of time (8+ hours)
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Requires high and low levels of movement with the ability to reach with arms, twist, kneel, crouch, climb, balance, and squat.
- Requires the grasping, carrying, lifting, pushing and pulling of items of 50lbs.
- Frequent driving requires excellent visual activity and manual dexterity. Reasonable accommodations may be granted to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All applicants must pass a Department of Transportation screening process.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screening.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.