At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO HERE..
Prepare and review financial statements for SEC reporting and internal financial reports and analysis. Assist with technical accounting matters, including research and documentation over new or complex accounting issues, and interpreting and determining Carvana’s strategy for implementing new and proposed accounting guidance.
- Prepare and review financial statements and disclosures for SEC filings (Form 10-K, 10-Q, etc.)
- Prepare and review monthly and quarterly reporting packages to management and the Board of Directors detailing financial performance, including both GAAP and non-GAAP metrics, variance analysis, and trends
- Perform technical accounting research and document conclusions on complex accounting issues in accordance with US GAAP and SEC regulations
- Assist in research, documentation, and implementation of new accounting pronouncements
- Review financial information included in Investor Relations documents (press releases, investor presentations, etc.)
- Collaborate with accounting and other departments for financial analysis
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors during quarterly reviews and year-end audits
- Assist with documentation and maintenance of internal controls over financial reporting
- Execute on ad hoc reporting and projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and SEC regulations
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Experience in a large multinational accounting firm with listed companies a plus
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. Carvana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
*This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.