Sr. Implementation Manager, Inspection Center Deployment & Expansion
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
Creating an impactful and extraordinary customer experience is at the heart of Carvana. As a company, our mission is to place the customer in the driver’s seat of the car buying experience and give the customer full control of their car buying journey.
The Sr. Implementation Manager - Inspection Center Deployment and Expansion, will play an integral role in support of deployment and end user enablement for all of Carvana’s Inspection Centers by leading efforts to successfully roll out new technologies, software solutions, processes and devices across our platform. This role will work closely with several teams to ensure our employees have the necessary tools and systems to accommodate our continuous growth. This role requires partnering with a diverse group of teams including Inspection Center leadership, associates, technical training and Product and Engineering. The Sr. Program Manager role is crucial to our success and will act as a liaison between our Operations and Product/Engineering teams; ensuring the proper communication, training and key measures for success are in place prior to any new product or system(s) launch. The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for technology, project management and demonstrated experience leading deployment initiatives including communication/change management, training, installation and end-user feedback.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Act as liaison between Operations and Product Teams to ensure new systems and technologies are rolled out successfully while communicating and offering hands on support across multiple businesses (Inspection Centers, Operations, Logistics, Market Ops, and Product/Development).
- Obtain deep functional knowledge of our production process by immersing yourself in the business; learning our production process, standard operating procedures, support of common challenges, and determine areas of opportunity.
- Identify operational needs in the field and partner with various teams to develop viable and impactful solutions.
- Partner closely with our Operations leaders, functional experts and Product teams to successfully drive end-to-end deployment and enablement of new technologies, systems and processes (including deployment strategy, change management, training and user feedback).
- Lead efforts to gather requirements from stakeholders in the field, identify key areas for improvement and implement necessary changes to create the best possible end-user experience.
- Lead deployment strategy by partnering with the appropriate stakeholders and leveraging your expertise to determine project scope, identify and mitigate high-risk problems, determine the most impactful change management strategies, develop effective trainings and measure the success of deployment efforts.
- Properly scope new deployment efforts by identifying testing specifications, standing up a pilot environment, defining key measures for success and establishing the proper feedback loop.
- Ensure continued success of product deployments by conducting regular follow-up, performing assessments, garnering feedback from the end-users and escalating the need for improvements when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
The qualifying candidate will be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, adaptable to change and self-motivated with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- 5+ years experience in the product/development field with 3+ years relevant experience in product deployment/strategy.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or relevant work experience.
- Experience with systems architecture, software and process mapping strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated experience leveraging data to make well-informed business decisions.
- Strong oral communication, written communication and active listening skills.
- Great collaboration, communication, and project management skills.
- Ability to effectively present complex systems and processes to others in a succinct and clear way.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with and influencing diverse teams across the company.
WE’D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD:
- Experience working in an automotive or a lean manufacturing environment.
- An understanding of lean manufacturing principles and concepts.
- 2-3 years of experience in software product management.
- Knowledge of product development and data science best practices.
- Agile methodology experience or comparable project management methodology.
- Product strategy/roadmapping experience.
- Experience working for a fast-paced, growing company.
The Sr. Program Manager will report to the Associate Director of Inspection Center Development and Expansion. This is a full-time, salaried role based out of our Home Office located in Tempe, AZ. Travel will be required up to 50% of the time.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screening. CARVANA is a tobacco-free workplace.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.