At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
The Leader of Internal Audit is a newly created position responsible for the continued development of our internal control environment, assessing and evaluating risks in the business, performing internal audits and providing process improvement opportunities. This is a hands-on position that will work closely in partnership with the Audit Committee, executives and senior management across the entire organization and requires strong communication skills.
Specifically, Your Responsibilities Include:
- Perform the risk assessment and develop the annual risk-based internal audit plan that addresses operational, compliance and financial risks, taking into consideration changes to the business.
- Perform the scoping of SOX testing based on the annual assessment of material risk to financial reporting and other risk considerations and develop the plan to evaluate the effectiveness of SOX internal controls.
- Execute risk-based internal audit plan and SOX testing plan and report on the testing results and gap observations (if any) to business process owners, senior management and the Audit Committee.
- Collaborate closely with external auditors to leverage their reliance on Internal Audit's audit testing work and to promote greater efficiencies.
- Deliver clear and concise communication that identifies root cause analysis, provides actionable recommendations and adds value to management
- Develop broad relationships across the organization and provide ongoing proactive advice on risks and internal control
- Perform other related special projects and tasks as assigned
The Qualifying Candidate Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA license required, CIA or CISA certification preferred but not required
- 10+ years of experience with public companies, internal audit and SOX compliance experience or related experience
- Understanding of US GAAP, SOX requirements, COSO framework and the audit process.
- Experience performing enterprise risk assessments, scoping and materiality assessments and developing internal audit plans.
- Experience building and managing internal audit teams and managing outsourced internal audit resources.
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results-driven team oriented environment, willing to balance being hands-on and strategic at all times
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills: Excel, Access, Word, Oracle
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and perform under pressure
- Self-starter with a solid work ethic
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. Carvana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
*This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.