At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market. Recently named Forbes’ 5th Most Promising Company in the U.S., we offer the excitement, culture and opportunity of a start-up, with the capitalization and infrastructure of a much more established business. For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video. For more information on Carvana take a look at our company introduction video.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Long story short, you’ll be the face of Carvana. Since Carvana’s purchase process is entirely online, meeting you to receive their newly purchased vehicle will likely be the first time a customer has met a Carvana employee face-to-face! You’ll have the freedom to go above and beyond to ensure the customer has an experience that entirely didn’t suck. So, bring your personality with you and let’s make some magic!
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
- You’ll be responsible for delivering a uniquely special experience to each and every one of our customers. Minus the red suit, you’ll pretty much be a real-life Santa Claus on a daily basis!
- A major part of this job is driving a kick-ass single-car hauler to get the customer’s purchase delivered to their door. You do not need a commercial driver’s license and, don’t worry, with a little training, you’ll realize driving the hauler is a piece of cake.
- Loading and unloading the customer’s vehicle on and off the car-hauler. It’s a quick and easy process but does require getting a little physical!
- Responsible for inspecting the car-hauler to ensure the vehicle maintains good maintenance and driving conditions.
- You’ll be expected to prioritize safe driving and to maintain a clean driving record in accordance to Carvana’s CMV Driver Qualification policy. Consistent, safe driving is crucial to this role!
- Accurately and efficiently complete customer paperwork as well as take thorough notes in our customer tracking system. Again, don’t worry, we’ll train you on the paperwork, however you do need a natural eye for detail!
- Assist other team members with various tasks as necessary and display regular attendance adhering to Carvana’s outlined attendance policy.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be 21 or older
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Must have (or be able to obtain) a Notary in your local jurisdiction within the first 90 days of employment. (Process will be sponsored by Carvana.)
- Illinois, Michigan and Louisiana employees must obtain a Chauffeur's license within the first two weeks of employment. (Process will be sponsored by Carvana.)
- All applicants must pass a Department of Transportation screening process.
This job operates in both indoor and outdoor conditions for extended amounts of time and may be exposed to inclement/extreme weather. We would never have employees work in extremely unsafe conditions (like a Sharknado), but you may get a tad toasty or wet from time to time. Likewise, some markets will require deliveries to be made in snow.
WORK REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work requirements and physical demands here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to walk/stand and sustain physical activity for extended periods of time (8+ hours)
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Requires high and low levels of movement with the ability to reach with arms, twist, kneel, crouch, climb, balance, and squat.
- Requires the grasping, carrying, lifting, pushing and pulling of items of 50lbs.
- Frequent driving requires excellent visual activity and manual dexterity. Reasonable accommodations may be granted to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screening.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.