At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
Creating an extraordinary customer experience is at the heart of Carvana. Our goal is to place the customer in control of the car buying experience and infuse honesty and transparency back into the car buying process.
The Category Specialist will conduct RFX’s, negotiate pricing and contract terms, as well as create Purchase Orders and support fulfillment needs of the organization. You will identify opportunities and develop strategies to reduce cost and add value across various categories. We are seeking someone that is capable across many Procurement disciplines that can help implement a robust Procure-to-Pay process.
This position will be based out of our Headquarters in Scottsdale, AZ and will require travel up to 10% of the time.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Identifies opportunities to streamline Procurement process via implementation of catalogs/punch-outs or creation of material master items in ERP system for recurring purchases. Assists in implementing these strategies and helps conduct training to business users where appropriate.
- Identify cost saving opportunities using competitive bidding, negotiations, and drive service improvements.
- Executes Master Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Statements of Work and other necessary contracts/documents.
- Develops and implements Service Level Agreements (SLAs) based on evolving business needs. Monitors supplier performance/compliance; troubleshoots problems to mitigate risk and improve performance.
- Establish purchase orders and contracts, as appropriate.
- Follow up as necessary to expedite overdue orders or those with the potential of causing critical delays to production.
- Work with accounting to resolve any invoice discrepancies or past due invoices. Follow up with business users in various departments on Goods Receipt issues related to orders.
- Live the Carvana values and promote a strong sense of Carvana culture
- Other duties as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in applicable experience
- Sourcing, procurement, vendor management, project management, contract management or related experience is preferred.
- Experience with Oracle or other leading ERP system preferred.
- Proficient computer skills
- Fast learner with the ability to problem solve, prioritize, and multi-task
- Strong analytical thinking and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Ability to learn quickly and transfer knowledge
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.