At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
A Project Coordinator to join a rapidly growing organization. The Project Coordinator will report to the Senior Construction Project Manager and will support with project documentation, supplier coordination, and close out procedures for multiple projects across Carvana. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in the commercial construction industry and knowledge of the building processes with emphasis on project documentation and participant roles. The ideal candidate will possess superior communications skills and be capable of working independently and collaboratively. Most importantly, the candidate will have the opportunity to see their insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE…
- Providing support to the Construction team as needed, including coordinating meetings, preparing meeting agendas, and generating and publishing minutes.
- Managing document control and creating a well-organized electronic filing system for all necessary documents, including, construction documents, A/E design and engineering plans and specifications, submittals, RFIs, daily report, contract/change orders, closeout documents, etc.
- Coordinating the project close-out process with construction managers; tracking and managing drawings, reports and other documentation from outside vendors, contractors, architects, and engineers.
- Maintaining the directory of owners, subcontractors and suppliers with contact information.
- Processing invoices related to project expenses, including, setting up vendors, ensuring the appropriate insurance coverage is obtained and submitted (including required insurance certificates), verifying invoice amount is within budget and in compliance with contracts or agreements.
- Coordinating the processing of new contracts including forwarding appropriate templates, monitoring the contract process to completion, and reviewing final document for full execution.
- Other related duties/projects as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- 0-2 years’ experience in project administration/coordination, preferably in the design, construction or development industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects at once
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with a variety of personalities with professionalism
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment, with an entrepreneurial approach to project management and a commitment to team support
- Able to help create, develop and implement process improvements
- Must promote the company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Must be proficient in MS Office (above average competence in Excel) and Adobe
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
WE’D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD:
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with strategic planning and process improvement
- Experience with Smartsheets
The Project Coordinator, Construction will report to the Senior Construction Project Manager and will be an hourly full-time position based at the Carvana Home Office in Scottsdale.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Hourly Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.
Last updated: 8/1/2018