At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
Carvana is looking for a creative, passionate Instructional Designer who will help create training content for the organization’s Leadership Development Program. The Instructional Designer will design, develop, and deliver innovative and engaging learning solutions including videos, self-guided learning, instructor-led courses and other educational content to support leadership development company-wide. This position will work closely with our Manager of Leadership Development, Talent Development Associate Director, and People Operations teams. This role requires a passion for continuous learning and for creating best-in-class learning solutions.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
You must be prepared to help with a variety of administrative, support, and general business organizational items. This may include:
- Applying tested instructional design theories, practice and methods to develop talent development curriculum
- Working with subject matter experts and identifying target audience’s training needs
- Stating instructional end goals and objectives and creating content that matches them
- Providing exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Creating supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc.)
- Defining the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and developing assessment instruments
- Using instructional design and multi-media skills to design and develop new learning materials including videos, e-learning modules, workbooks, instructor guides, and job aids that will drive organizational learning and results
- Other duties as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
This position requires an organized critical thinker that is interested in gaining exposure across Carvana's operations. Required skills include:
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in instructional design with instructional technology
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Outstanding communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong organizational skills and acute attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize like a ninja
- Demonstrated expertise in creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances the learning experience
- Experience with creative content tools in Adobe Creative Cloud; Learning Management Systems a plus
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- You will not leave your personality at home. We thrive from each unique perspective. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions.
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.