At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
We also have Wacky Pants Wednesdays…so you’ll have to come correct here to compete with our CEO Ernie.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
The Indirect Tax Supervisor will assist management with the Company’s day-to-day indirect tax reporting and compliance requirements. This hands-on position requires demonstrated competence in various indirect tax reporting and compliance matters and Vertex experience.
Specifically, Your Responsibilities Include:
- Lead all sales and local tax compliance activities including the implementation and maintenance of best practices
- Timely filing of all state and local sales and use, personal property tax and various other excise tax filings
- Manage all sales and use tax audits
- Review and respond to customer tax disputes
- Prepare journal entries for monthly close process
- Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations and track reasonableness of account balances.
- Prepare internal memorandum, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents for internal/external use
The Qualifying Candidate Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, taxation or finance or equivalent work experience
- CPA certification preferred but not required
- 3 years minimum (if you have a rock star mentality), but 5 years preferred
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results-driven team oriented environment, willing to balance being hands-on and strategic at all times
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in tax software (Vertex-a must!), Excel, Access, Word, Oracle
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and perform under pressure
- Self-starter with a solid work ethic
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.