HR Business Partner
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, high energy, data-driven, and has exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills. As a HR Business Partner, you might describe yourself as someone who is passionate about finding top talent, working in a production environment, leadership, developing processes that are scalable, and is willing to be “in the trenches” with their team. The HR Business Partner will drive individual development and team success across Carvana’s Inspection Centers through their constructive coaching and results-oriented actions.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Act as a HR partner to leadership across the Inspection Centers and ensure collaboration across the Field HR Operations Generalist & Recruiting Team.
- Lead and assist in all aspects of People Operations programs and processes that contribute to establishing and executing strategies/plans for 900+ employees.
- Interpret and apply HR policies, procedures and programs, ensuring consistent application while working with leadership to provide solutions that balance business and employee needs in compliance with company policy.
- Communicate and administer benefits and compensation plans developed by Benefits Team.
- Create and implement impactful programs that will boost employee engagement, decrease attrition, and grow Inspection Center site culture.
- Work collaboratively with Inspection Center Recruiting and Talent Development Teams to ensure all Field Generalists are aligned on talent processes and company goals.
- Ensure policy administration across all locations is compliant and aligned with local and federal law.
- Drive a consistent culture and morale development across all Inspection Centers.
- Work cross-functionally with the Talent Acquisition Team Lead to administer and execute on individual Inspection Center staffing plans.
- Provide 1:1 coaching to the Field HR Operations Generalists on matters such as employee relations, compliance, retention, and employee engagement.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field
- Must be available to travel 50% of the time
- 5+ years of experience in a Human Resources position
- 2+ years of Team Leadership experience required
- 2+ years of lean manufacturing/production experience required
- Knowledge of employment laws and workplace compliance
- Experience with high volume recruiting
- Strong and effective communicator
- Positive and energetic team member
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Excellent leadership skills
- Possess the energy and drive to accomplish goals, meet deadlines, and find solutions
WE’D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD:
- 5+ years of lean manufacturing/production experience
- Experience virtually leading direct reports and collaborating with other teams
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions
- Will be requested to work overtime and weekends
- Frequent walking (minimum of 2 miles per day), standing, and sitting with varying periods of each
- Will, at times, require working different shifts
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.