At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people who are willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
A focused, detailed-oriented, perfectionist to work as a proofreader on our Marketing team. Under the direction of the Content Specialist, the Proofreader is responsible for proofreading and providing quality assurance for content that will appear both on Carvana.com and the Carvana blog. This position will work alongside the Content Specialist, who will provide proofreading assignments and support to the proofreader to ensure that Carvana’s written content is of the utmost quality. Most importantly, you will see your proofreading and copy editing skills have an immediate, tangible impact every day for car buying customers from coast to coast.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Arriving at Carvana headquarters during your scheduled dates and times to work alongside our Content Specialist
- Providing proofreading skills and quality assurance for vehicle description copy that will appear on Carvana.com search results pages for customers
- Providing proofreading skills and quality assurance for vehicle buying guides and other relevant in-depth pieces that will appear on Carvana’s “Behind The Wheel” blog
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a language arts field, or be currently enrolled at an accredited institution who is working towards a language arts degree (ex. English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations and Advertising, etc.)
- Writing or copy editing experience in print or online media, or as an educator. 1-3 years preferred.
- Experience working in Microsoft Word or Google documents
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and organizational abilities
- Passion for building process and collaborating with others to develop best practices
- Ability to operate within the unknown, in a fast-paced environment, where change is the only constant
- A sense of urgency and professionalism, with the ability to ask questions, learn and retain knowledge gained
- Hiring is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in the United States and passing a complete background check
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. Carvana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
*This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.