Carvana is building the largest internal auto transport organization in the country.
- We have grown 500% in the last year.
- We have purchased 30 new Cottrell NextGen Quickloader Car Haulers.
- We have developed our own proprietary Transportation Management System.
- We care about our employees so much they get their birthday off with pay.
- Our delivery routes get you back to family and friends everyday.
- You get an excellent salary and the best benefits in the industry.
- Your benefits include 18 days of PTO during your first year.
- You receive 100% of your salary while being trained on our new equipment.
As a Vehicle Transporter, you will be moving cars between our production facilities and delivery hubs. You will coordinate with fellow Carvana employees to ensure safe & timely delivery of our customer cars.
We look for candidates who reflect Carvana’s values by being flexible and open to change with regard to duties and schedule, know how to be a team player and treat co-workers as well as customers with patience and respect. We love ex-military logisticians!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Home everyday
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- 401K with company match
- 6 paid holidays +1 paid day for your birthday
- 18 PTO days (20 PTO days after your first year)
- 100% paid medical benefits for you as an employee; excellent family benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discounted vehicle purchases
Dynamic, fast-paced company with a 'start-up' culture
- Loading cars on 5 or 8 car trailers
- Climbing, bending, twisting and kneeling to secure cars on trailers
- Transporting cars between locations
- Answering phone calls from fellow drivers during times of need
- Ensuring fleet is up to date with maintenance and minimalize downtime
- Responsible for equipment readiness
- Communicating with Inspection Centers and HUB employees
- Performing tasks independently with minimal supervision
- Maintaining a clean driving record and Class A CDL
- Responsible for team training in the actions of proper loading of vehicles and use of equipment
- Ensures operation is compliant with DOT policies and regulations
- Follow all safety procedures
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent is desirable
- CDL class A and clean driving record
- Bend, kneel, twist, squat, stand and climb as required to secure load
- 21+ years old
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Have more than two years of CDL driving experience
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Maintain a DOT Medical card
- Ability to develop individuals and teams for organizational success
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
We also have Wacky Pants Wednesdays…so you’ll have to come correct here to compete with our CEO Ernie.
This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
- Must be able to walk 75’ and climb a 10’ ladder
- Must be able to bend, kneel, twist, squat, stand and climb as required to secure load
- Requires standing, stretching, walking, stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an outdoor environment
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include non-slip shoes, gloves, and other protective garments and equipment
- Requires frequent driving
Schedule may change without notice. Overnight travel may be required for training, equipment pick-up, immediate business needs and/or emergencies.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check as well as a driving record check. You must possess a valid driver's license and have a clean driving record.
Carvana is a tobacco free company which includes all forms of tobacco. All Carvana properties are subject to our tobacco free standards.