At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With thousands of vehicles in our expansive inventory, high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, real-time financing and an online purchase process, we provide a seamless car buying experience for consumers. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video!
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
- We’re building a team of bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
- You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
- In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
This position pays $15/hr
The essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Load and unload 5 to 9 vehicle trailers, loading the vehicles onto hauler trailers or trucks in accordance with drop points on delivery routes
- Perform routine inspections and record any damage to vehicles before and after loading
- Properly secure vehicles onto truck/trailer and transport vehicles to and from staging areas at the distribution centers
- Perform routine inspections of CMV units for Department of Transportation (DOT) violations; inspect the CMV units for damage to unit, trailers, tires; check lubes (oil, coolant, etc), lights and other related mechanical issues
- Meet with lead driver and/or other supervisory personnel to report issues with CMV units and document any issues on a driver-vehicle inspection report (DVIR) form
- Maintain cleanliness of lot and fuel lot lights and generators
- Participate in any additional work assignments related to job completion
- Perform job duties during various weather conditions such as rain, snow, heat, cold, etc.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with company match
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- High school diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- 2+ years of experience loading and unloading vehicles (or) the completion of appropriate training provided by employer
- General knowledge of federal, state and local safety rules and regulations regarding loading and unloading vehicles, axle weights, load height regulations, etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Strong decision making ability
- Time management skills
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties, which will include entering and exiting vehicles, as well as pushing, pulling, climbing and some lifting
- Schedule may change without notice
- Carvana is an EOE
- Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check as well as a driving record check
- You must possess a valid driver's license and have a clean driving record
- Carvana is a tobacco free company which includes all forms of tobacco. All Carvana properties are subject to our tobacco free standard