If you like how Amazon revolutionized the way we shop online then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in house service or their own bank
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment and monthly payment
- Generate, upload and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary)
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines
- Trade in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary)
How do we make all that happen? Well, first we hire awesome people like you. Then we utilize cutting edge technologies like...
- Rest APIs deployed as microservices (.Net Core, Node, Azure Functions)
- Tons of cloud IAAS, PAAS and SAAS usage (Mostly Azure, some AWS)
- Unit testing, integration testing, UI/UX testing, load testing, performance, A/B testing
- MSSQL, Service Bus, Redis, Cosmos DB
- Git, Splunk, Nginx, Visual Studio, VS Code, etc…
- Elasticsearch, GraphQL, Kafka
- Sophisticated CI/CD pipeline using Azure Devops
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
We are looking for an experienced engineering leader with a passion for tackling big problems. We are experienced veterans who know how to get things done, and are also charged with future-proofing our architecture and implementations to scale for years to come. The ideal candidate for this position is well-versed with our back end tech (Python, Redis, Kafka, Elasticsearch, AWS, SQL Server), passionate about scalable quality software development, and has experience leading a data centric engineering team.
We iterate quickly and you will see your work have an immediate, scaled impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company. Our Team Leads are hands-on, getting down and dirty with code on a daily basis.
We're doing exciting things at Carvana! Applying domain based principles to massively scaled data processing pipelines, leveraging microservices architecture to quickly support our growing and changing set of data sources and business requirements, experimenting with new technologies and being part of open-minded teams while still supporting a high level of scale and business critical requirements.
The Python Team Lead will work closely with our Inventory and Vehicle Data Product team to define the vision, direction, and objectives for all projects in the track using our Python data processing and enrichment system.
You will participate, end to end, in the product life cycle: requirements gathering, solution design, planning, development, testing, and implementation. You energetically and deftly react to rapidly evolving business needs and requirements, find solutions to unexpected technical challenges and seek out opportunities to contribute to the meteoric growth of our business, enrich our culture and improve the quality of our tools, code and processes.
You are the ultimate “player-coach”. You are very comfortable leading from the front on all matters technical and you boast the scar tissue to prove it from an impressive career of implementation success, personal growth and skills development.
You also understand that the talent on your team is the most important resource that you control. You are constantly looking for ways to cultivate, direct, guide and nurture the members of your team to help them attain personal goals while providing sustainable and significant business value.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Superior communication and collaboration skills
- Comfortable discussing projects with executive leadership
- 5+ years of experience with Python
- 3+ years of experience with large scale data processing
- A comprehensive understanding of software craftsmanship ideals - clean code principles, unit testing fundamentals, design pattern selection and application, architectural pattern selection and application
- An understanding and experience in application security from the web service and web application perspective
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field, or professional experience working with related technologies
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Carvana developers work very closely together and require great interpersonal skills including a positive attitude and sense of humor (read that last part twice, if necessary)
- Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- E-Commerce experience
- Data Modeling
- Event Sourcing (ES)
- Performance testing
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.