Recently ranked #5 in Forbes Magazine’s list of America’s Most Promising Companies, Carvana offers the excitement, culture and opportunity of a start-up, along with the capitalization and infrastructure of an established business.
We sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. At Carvana, we’ve made it our mission to transform how cars are bought and sold. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way so we committed to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world - the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
We provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers. From our searchable showroom of fully-inspected, certified cars to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and warranty packages. With delivery possible to the buyer’s driveway in 24 hours or pick-up available from one of our state-of-the-art car vending machines (yes, you read that right) all with a 7-day money back guarantee, customer satisfaction is at the core of our business. With no dealerships or commissioned sales people, we also save thousands of dollars per car that we pass on to our customers.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
Carvana is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced talent development professional who will bring passion for employee and leadership development and culture to our Customer Care Talent team. This position will work closely with our Customer Care Talent Development, Recruiting and HR Operations teams to implement programs and initiatives related to Talent Management, Employee Engagement, Leadership Development and Org Development.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a self-starter with a passion for talent development, a high level of flexibility and commitment, and the ability to tackle ambiguity, process improvement and tactful implementation/execution. No day will be exactly the same. This individual will act as an advisor and facilitator of key processes and will drive ongoing process and structure around employee engagement, attrition, internal movements and training and development. Most importantly, this person will see their insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a rapidly growing and evolving company.
This position will be based out of our HQ Office in Tempe, AZ and will report to the Senior Talent Specialist for Customer Care.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Partnering with department leadership on all things talent; including but not limited to talent movement, leadership pipeline development, employee retention & engagement, and soft skill training.
- Learning the operation and leveraging your functional expertise to tailor your approach to Talent Development to best support the Customer Care organization.
- Championing use of our HRIS system (Workday) with managers and employees.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of existing training programs and providing feedback and suggestions for improvement when necessary.
- Developing collaborative partnerships with department leadership, site leadership, HR Ops teams and other support teams for the organization.
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of talent management materials, presentations and communications.
- Conducting ongoing needs analysis and tactfully identifying opportunities for process improvements supported by comprehensive and achievable plans for implementation.
- Influencing and supporting large scale change management efforts.
- Constantly thinking of new ways to improve all things talent; including but not limited to the employee experience, key talent management practices, career development and reporting structure, hiring manager experience and more.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
The qualifying candidate must love helping people and possess the drive to achieve a great employee experience. They must be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated and detail-oriented with the ability to interact and communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited undergraduate institution required; Masters in Human Resources, Business, I/O Psychology, or related degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Training, Operations Leadership or a related field.
- Experience with HR technology/HRIS systems required; Workday experience is a plus
- Solid organizational and project management skills.
- Proven ability to interact and build relationships effectively at all levels within the organization, including senior management.
- High degree of integrity, trustworthiness and honesty.
- Excellent communication, including facilitation and presentation skills.
- The energy and drive to accomplish goals, meet deadlines, and find solutions.
- Strong analytical thinking, attention to detail, communication and active listening skills
- Fast learner with the ability to problem solve, prioritize, and multi-task
- Proficient computer skills
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.