At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Carvana’s operations are complex and benefit from data, analysis, reporting, and process improvements. An ideal candidate will support our operations by understanding workflows, identifying areas of opportunity, and utilizing their technical skills to solve problems and improve processes, while providing visibility into the business unit.
This person should be anxious to leverage their analytical and technical skills to make an immediate and meaningful impact on the business. We have no shortage of data, resources or ambition at Carvana, and we are excited to bring on people who share our desire to leverage data and technology to accelerate our disruption of the traditional car buying experience.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Using Your Technical Chops:
- SQL! SQL! SQL! We use it all the time in this role and we're looking for someone who lives and breathes it. **FYI- we'll be sending out a SQL test as the first step of the process, so be on the lookout.
- Creating powerful visualizations and dashboards in Tableau and Excel.
- Knowing Python and R helps but isn't required.
- Being An Awesome Stakeholder:
- You won't just be hiding behind your computer screen crunching code. You'll be presenting and collaborating with stakeholders across the organization to best understand their reporting and analysis needs.
- You're a key player in our ultimate goal of making strong data driven decisions for Carvana and outlining KPI's that help us define success.
- You'll work to understand the in's and out's of how your department runs by conducting side by sides and shadowing to make your process optimizations truly tangible and actionable.
- Looking Towards The Future:
- You'll be developing and maintaining forecasting models to support staffing and ensuring operations is making necessary adjustments.
- Collaborate with our leaders to design systems to capture granular data to drive future decisions and help prioritize engineering efforts around proposed technology solutions.
- Always be proactively problem solving by thinking both big and small.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-5 years as a data or business analyst
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, SQL, and Tableau
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.