The Logistics locations operate 24 hours a day. Our Inspection Center locations operate M-F from 6AM-7PM, this includes management, drivers, and hourly employees. Drivers are leaving at different departure times throughout the day, including overnight. The hours for this position will be 8:30 am – 5:30 pm in order to have visibility into both shifts.
As a People Operations Ambassador, you will be focused on all things people for our Logistics team and support the Inspection Center team. We are looking for an energetic self-starter to administer policies and implement programs to effectively impact our most important resources – our people. This person will utilize his/her skills in the areas of coaching, staffing, training, engagement and compliance including but not limited to:
- Onboarding – You will work with our home office onboarding team to ensure that Logistics and Inspection Center onboarding is consistent with company process and that the employee is well informed and energized on their first day.
- Recruiting and Interviewing – You will be a representative for Carvana at local recruiting events and a part of the interview process for candidates at Logistics locations.
- Events planning and execution – You will be the point person for planning internal and local community events.
- Employee concerns – In partnership with Logistics management, you will be a point person for employee concerns and assist with addressing these concerns. This includes assisting with issues pertaining to leaves of absence, workers’ compensation, terminations, and disability accommodations
- Human resources related paperwork – You will be responsible for assisting with human resources related paperwork such as accident reports and employee performance discussion records to ensure that these are filled out completely and accurately
- Culture and morale – You will be a part of the team responsible for having a pulse on the Inspection Center culture and employee morale
- Liaison with home office People Operations team – You will be the connector between the Logistics locations and our home office people operations department. It is crucial that there is consistency in practices and analysis of trends
- Management and employee coaching – In partnership with the Talent Development team, you will be a point person for coaching both managers and employees on decision making, employee issues, communication, etc.
- Knowledge of policies, programs, and rewards – You will be the point person for Logistics and Inspection Center employee questions related to policies, employee programs and rewards such as benefits and payroll questions
- Travel- travel will be required up to 25% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in a human resources position
- Knowledge of employment laws and workplace compliance
- Strong and effective communicator
- Positive and energetic team member
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Excellent leadership skills
- Possess the energy and drive to accomplish goals, meet deadlines and find solutions
- Compensation: Salaried position
- Benefits: 100% Paid Medical, 401(k) with Match, paid time off and holidays
- Future: All of our positions have a path to leadership. We have a strong culture of promoting from within.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions
- Will be required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials
- May be requested to work overtime and weekends for special programs and events.
- Frequent standing and sitting with varying periods of each
- May at times require working different shifts
CARVANA is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background, DMV check, and drug screening process. CARVANA is a tobacco-free workplace.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.