At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”). With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money. For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day. In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
We are looking for someone who is known for excellent execution and steady leadership, excels in interpersonal and interdepartmental communication, and consistently goes above and beyond the call of duty. This person’s operations management skills are exceptional and they punch above their weight in managerial influence and professionalism. The Market Operations Territory Manager should be an experienced people leader with a demonstrated track record of outstanding team, operations, and process management.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
The Market Operations Territory Manager is responsible for driving consistency across their territory through strategic planning and execution, collaboration with leadership, and mentoring and developing direct reports. Territory Managers are ultimately responsible for multiple Carvana markets across the United States. Additional responsibilities include:
- Motivating, inspiring, and leading a team of Market Leaders based in various locations across a region of the United States.
- Balancing execution, process improvements and impeccable customer service.
- Helping launch and expand Carvana markets and car vending machines.
- Keeping every detail of your markets operating like a well-oiled machine, but also taking time to think through strategy and process with a broad perspective and making the necessary improvements to fuel future growth.
- Collaborating with leadership, peers and direct reports to drive meaningful results.
- Helping interview, select, onboard and train a team of Customer Advocates and Market Leaders and giving them the tools, resources and guidance they need to be successful. Employee development is an essential part of this role.
- Regularly travelling to each of your markets to conduct on-site visits. These visits must infuse your market with the culture and performance standards that make the Carvana employee and customer experience exceptional.
- Working cross-functionally with groups company-wide, including Logistics, Product, Inspection Centers, Inside Advocate Operations, Marketing and People Operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
This position requires a motivated people leader with who isn’t afraid of S#*tL0@ds of hard work and has a passion for operations and the customer experience. Required knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution required
- 7+ years of operational experience preferred
- At least 5 years experience of leading teams with 2 years managing managers preferred
- A strong sense of urgency with the ability to improve operational efficiency
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside the box
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to implement change across multiple HUB locations
- Willingness to work on weekends
- Willingness to travel (up to 75%) required
- Interest in working hard, being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing so
WE’D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD:
- High influencing skills
- An analytical mind
- A passion for people development
- A strong leadership presence
- Experience with SalesForce
The Territory Manager will report to the Director of Market Operations and Expansion and will be a salaried full-time position based in the New York city area. We are open to New Jersey or New York.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.