At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
The Wholesale Team Lead is responsible for managing their assigned portion of the company’s portfolio of non-retail vehicles to optimize the resale value, while reducing time to sale and minimizing remarketing costs. The Wholesale Team Lead works with the wholesale team and other Carvana teams, including Logistics, Market Operations and others to monitor wholesale inventories.
This individual will manage and execute the wholesale sales process and is responsible for fully understanding all relevant KPIs and for achieving the sales goals for their assigned inventory.
In addition, this individual is a people leader, managing the day to day activities and developing a team of high performing Inventory Associates while also serving as a mentor to other junior team members.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- People management includes; train and mentor coordinators, ensure staffing levels are maintained, participate in hiring process, and promote teamwork.
- Ensure all receiving, marshalling, reconditioning, inspection, sales and release activities related to their assigned inventory portfolio are completed properly and in a timely manner.
- Partner with Inspection Center staff to manage all aspects of the Carvana kick process from designation as kick to wholesale sale, including:
- On a regular schedule, work with the IC staff to review the vehicles that have been inspected and designated as kicks
- Maintain a high level of oversight on inventory designated as kicks by keeping the kick & arb inventory arranged and separate from other IC inventory
- Maintain inventory integrity by moving vehicles into kick status and documenting kick reasons by adding applicable notes to the record in IMS.
- Serve as the regional lead and subject matter expert on trade intake operations including participating in calculating accurate vehicle values, offers and offer adjustments as well as establishing and supporting the vehicle trade and validation procedures conducted by Market Operations.
- According to published guidelines, employ company systems to ensure that reported inventory levels, kick details and sales results are accurate and properly recorded.
- Monitor the transportation of all inbound and outbound wholesale inventory and ensure vehicles are transported in a timely manner.
- As needed and as directed by their manager, participate in any other reconditioning, repair or other activities required in order to ensure vehicles are ready for sale.
- Assist the Inspection Center in processing auction arbitration requests within documented time frames specific to auction venues.
- Coordination of operations with all teams and teammates including Inspection Centers, Logistics, Regional Operations Managers, Purchasing, Title Specialists, Wholesale Operations Managers, Wholesale Coordinators, Auction Arbitration Teams, Third Party Inspectors and others in order to accomplish the wholesale goals.
- Maintain relations with other companies, including remarketers, auction companies, software providers and any others that can help the company achieve the remarketing goals.
- Understand all company Wholesale Operations procedures, including expert use of the required systems and technologies.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Great communication skills and attention to detail
- Must be able lead and motivate others
- Must be able to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Experience in automotive remarketing and/or automotive wholesale is a plus
The Wholesale Operations Team Lead will report to Regional Wholesale Operations Manager and will be a salaried full-time position. Minimal travel required.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.