ABOUT THE ASSOCIATE PRODUCT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM:
Carvana is striving to become a world class tech organization and believes the way to do that is to invest in the people who make us great. That means leveling up our existing rock star product leaders, as well as creating a program to develop up and coming talent, new to product. We have seen tremendous success pairing Associate Product Managers (APMs) with driven Carvana leaders who share that same passion for growing a team and look forward to another year of bringing in ambitious, talented team members to continue to raise the bar.
Sounds amazing, huh? Here is the gist of the program:
- A one-year guided tour from knowing as little as nothing about product to being a full, empowered, autonomous Product Manager running part of the business
- Tailored training curriculum based on your experience, knowledge and interests
- You’ll be paired with a senior colleague on the product team, who will educate you daily in the wax-on, wax-off ways of product
- You’ll be given hands-on education in things like UX design, analytics, and data science, and provided with endless opportunities to find the parts that you’re great at and love the most
- Rotation through different parts of our organization - after a year, you’ll be fully networked across the technical organization with more knowledge than you’ll know what to do with
- You’ll work directly for one of our most senior product leaders, receiving regular career guidance and feedback on your growth
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
We’re looking for incredibly intelligent, entrepreneurial, hard-working go-getters who are excited about Carvana, love software, and want the opportunity to grow to new levels.
Our emphasis here is less on experience and more on horsepower. This is a shot to prove yourself worthy of the product team, and we only want to take those with the highest ceilings. If you think you can help us level up the whole tech organization, then drop us a line.
These are deliberately limited at first, but will grow in scope with time.
- Learning. This is one of the few times in your career you’ll have the chance to level up your skill set while getting paid for it. All we ask is that you pay attention and prepare to build some great software once you’re ready.
- Total ownership of tactical items. These will be bite-sized tasks to start. As you gain experience, the bites will get bigger and more strategic.
- Total ownership includes requirements drafting, feature prioritization, coordination with engineering and stakeholders, and QA to verify fidelity to your requirements; followed by impact assessments and presentations.
- Coordination with analytics teams to get answers to questions, glean insights from reporting, and surface those insights to the broader org.
- Ad hoc analytical deep dives on product questions - e.g. a question may come up at a meeting, and you may be asked to dig into SQL, CosmosDB(NoSQL), or Splunk to figure out the answer.
- Coordination both with product colleagues, engineers and cross-functional stakeholders.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE…
- Undergraduate-level education in STEM, Economics/Finance, or HCI/UX (or equivalent experience)
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get it done, no matter what it is, for the sake of the team and our customers
- Sense of humor, we don’t take ourselves too seriously and love to have fun
- Opinions - you should be familiar with a lot of products in consumer web/mobile and have some degree of taste around what you do and don’t like
- A mentality that customers come first, team second, and yourself third
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and find the answers to your own questions
- Solid applied math capabilities - if you can crack open a calculus or statistics textbook and get to a correct answer, you’re good to go
- A driven, relentless - but positive! - attitude
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salesmen. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.LEGAL STUFF…
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.