At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video!
MAKING 'IT' HAPPEN:
You'll need to be super approachable and always willing to go above and beyond to help fellow employees with their IT needs and problems. It could be as simple as connecting their monitor to as complicated as tuning their flux capacitor to precisely 1.21 gigawatts!
We expect smart people who are doers with bright ideas, willing to put their game-face on, take on new challenges and juggle many assignments at once. In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
The IT Procurement & Vendor Relations Manager will be responsible for strategic vendor management and focus on planning for and executing a model to identify, manage and control spend reductions as a result of procurement activities that improve company spend performance for key IT investments, existing and new.
This person will manage savings on spend decisions resulting from Procurement initiatives, provide analytics to enable comprehensive and informed purchase decisions and assist with the development and management of governance strategies to sustain savings improvements over the life of supplier relationships.
Examples of day to day activities include subcategory spend analysis, strategic sourcing, contract negotiations, service level development and management, contract renewal and optimization and Procurement support for IT leaders and their initiatives.
Specifically, as a Procurement & Vendor Relations Manager you will…
- Review commercial agreements and lead business term negotiations to drive value and efficiencies across the organization
- Act as a trusted consultant to business owners in vendor selection (sourcing events), requirements gathering (defining SLAs), vendor performance management and category strategies
- Lead all aspects of vendor onboarding activities including planning, inherent risk assessment and initial due diligence
- Partner cross-functionally with stakeholders to identify, mitigate and handle third-party risks
- Collaborate with business owners on vendor oversight and monitoring activities, including annual reviews, onsite visits, vendor scorecards and performance surveys
- Lead continuous improvement efforts such as vendor rationalization, optimizing existing relationships, managing residuals risks and ensuring program compliance
- Consistently provide a high level of service through effective communications with a keen sense of urgency
- Generate periodic and ad hoc reports, and build dashboards with key metrics for senior management
- Maintain and iterate use of our third-party assessment and contract management platforms as central repositories for all vendor-related workflow, metadata, assessments and action items
- Support internal and external audit requests
- Lead and support ad hoc projects
Ideal candidate will have experience with IT categories such as software, hardware, services, telecommunications, software as a service, outsourcing and/or data center services.
Enough about us…. You should have…
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field such as business, finance, or supply chain management or equivalent
- 5+ years of procurement, vendor management, consulting, and/or risk management experience in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent contract negotiations skills, including understanding key commercial terms, issue spotting and developing robust SLAs
- Strategic sourcing experience across technology and non-technology categories
- Skilled at defining, influencing and driving procurement category strategies
- Outstanding business acumen and creative problem solving to get to “yes”
- Masterful at building strong relationships and understanding business needs
- Ability to identify risks, propose mitigations and document and escalate risks
- Experience developing and scaling procurement, and vendor management processes and procedures
- Strong critical thinking, project management and execution abilities
- Experience with various vendor management, contract management and financial accounting platforms
- Skilled in building dashboards and generating reports
- Comfortable with balancing multiple, competing priorities and changes in scope/direction
- Independent, self-starter with adaptive, can-do attitude
- Ability to thrive independently in a fast-paced, technology environment
What you can expect in return….
- A full-time, salaried position
- Medical (employee medical fully paid by Carvana), Dental, and Vision benefits
- A 401K with company match
- All the snacks and drinks your heart desires (plus iced coffee on tap!)
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.