Expansion Advocate, Market Operations (100% Travel Position)
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
The Expansion Advocate, Market Operations is a energetic Customer Advocate that has drive, ambition, and a passion for efficiency. The Expansion Advocate (XA) is responsible for launching and establishing successful and consistent new Carvana markets. The XA is responsible for instilling the Carvana attitude and values into budding new markets across the United States. Travel is required and estimated at 100% of total time.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
1) Being a Roving Advocate.
The Expansion Advocate helps launch new markets by acting as an Filed Customer Advocate, performing deliveries, and implementing processes in the first 90 days of a market. The XA will also act as an occasional “filler” in understaffed existing markets. The XA is expected to quickly learn the nuances and differences of each Carvana market and be able to seamlessly perform deliveries in any Carvana market across the country.
2) Train and Standardize.
The Expansion Advocate will ensure that each market is launched consistently, both by acting as an example and by instilling consistent habits and procedures into the foundation of each new market. The XA will always embody the Carvana culture and aim to inject it into growing markets through training and coaching of new team members.
3) Launch & Implement New Markets.
Expansion Advocates will establish & implement processes for new markets. XAs will find themselves assisting with various other aspects of preparing, launching, and building markets such as driving Haulers long-distance to new markets, setting up hubs before launch, preparing reports on the status of new markets, and creating procedures for unique market-specific problems.
4) Maintain the highest performance standards.
Expansion Advocates are like Special Forces—XAs will face unexpected problems in unfamiliar places and will perform at the highest levels at all times. Expansion Advocates will be given significant autonomy and authority in their role and, as such, will be experts in all aspects of the Advocate and Expansion teams. XAs must consistently demonstrate integrity in unmonitored situations, must take full responsibility for decisions and be able to validate actions with appropriate metrics or judgment calls.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Driving a truck – a kick-ass, customized single-car hauler, to be exact. A MAJOR part of this job is doing deliveries.... in unfamiliar cities... including cities with snow. XAs must be willing to take on the challenge of being an expert Hauler operator under all conditions.
- The XA will prep cars, wash cars, perform inspections, schedule logistics, communicate with customers, and complete customer paperwork.
- The XA will also at times act like an interim Market Operations Manager. XAs may need to manage the logistics, schedules, and dilemmas of a new hub all on their own.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution
- Experience in a customer facing role
- An enviable level of integrity
- A heightened attention to detail with incredible organization skills
- Ability to be an individual contributor while also thriving in a team environment
- A passion for learning new things
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both internally and externally
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems
- Efficient at working in “travel environments” This means emailing from a hot cramped airplane seat, getting incredibly comfortable with hotel desks, and being on conference calls while going through airport security. But hey, you will be a jet-setting business traveler with a motivated supportive team spread throughout the country!
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
WE’D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD:
- In-depth understanding of Carvana’s customer experience process and procedures
- High influencing skills
Travel: 100%, sometimes on short notice
Preference will be given to internal candidates
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Full-time salaried position
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Employee car discount
- Opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others
- Company culture of internal promotions, diverse career paths and rapid advancement
- Access to an incredibly sharp and innovative leadership team
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screening. This position also requires a DOT physical and 5-year DMV record review.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.