At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
A detail-oriented and organized DOT Compliance Analyst- ELDs to join a rapidly growing organization and report up through the DOT Department. You will primarily be tasked with monitoring, analyzing, and overseeing driver logs and related data from Carvana’s Logistics and Market Operations commercial motor vehicle (CMV) fleets to ensure the company and its employees remain compliant with DOT rules. You will also provide general support to the department by assisting with the continuing development, implementation, and maintenance of Carvana’s DOT Program.
Specifically, Your Responsibilities Include
- Review driver logs, safety events, vehicle inspection reports and trips to confirm compliance with internal and regulatory requirements. Confirm proper completion of logs, evaluate CMV speed and other safety and compliance-related operating metrics, review driver hours of service, check fuel stops, and review other regulatory items.
- Work with Operations Leadership to correct any non-compliant data in the Electronic Logging Device (ELD) system dashboard - HOS violations, logs with form and manner errors, safety events, vehicle inspection reports not corrected and unidentified driving events.
- Identify missing or incorrect logs and partner with the appropriate groups to resolve identified issues.
- In partnership with Operations Leadership, counsel and advise drivers on proper log completion.
- Partner with Operations Leadership to educate drivers on mistakes they have made and how to avoid repeat DOT violations.
- Identify drivers that require log training and work with fleet management to schedule driver for training classes.
- Analyze trends and historical information to identify areas where compliance issues are occurring.
- Collaborate with Operations Leadership to create processes and communicate improvement ideas to area management.
- Monitor and ensure real time transportation and fleet management system status updates for all drivers and customers
- Utilize systems to track driver performance and provide feedback related to performance in a timely manner
- Assisting with internal incident investigations.
- Ensure drivers are communicated with in a positive and supportive manner
- Interface with internal groups such as the People Operations, Logistics, Market Operations, and Inspection Center teams.
- Develop relationships of trust with other departments and demonstrate ability to implement process improvements with counterparts in other departments.
- Exercise prudent discretion regarding confidential and sensitive personnel information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
These Skills Are a Plus
- Above average proficiency in Excel, including experience with running macros
- Demonstrated ability to consolidate data from multiple sources and convert into reports for stakeholders
- Demonstrated analytical ability, attention to detail, and strong computer skills preferably with transportation management systems
- Possess the ability to learn and become an accomplished user in transportation management and other systems
- Possess the ability to write routine reports and correspondence in a professional manner
- Possess the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Bachelor’s degree
- DOT Compliance and/or safety experience is great
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. Carvana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
*This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.