At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way. To fix that, we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”). We provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers from A-to-Z. From acquiring, inspecting and certifying high quality cars, to providing 360° high-resolution photography inside and outside of the vehicle, to generating real-time financing and warranty options, to providing consumers with the option to have cars delivered to their driveway in as little as 24 hours or pick-up from one of our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machines (yes, you read that right) all with a 7-day Money Back Guarantee, we’ve made it our mission to redefine the car buying status quo. With no dealerships or commissioned sales people, we also save thousands of dollars per car in expenses that we pass on to our customers.
Recently named Forbes’ 5th Most Promising Company in the U.S., we offer the excitement, culture and opportunity of a start-up, with the capitalization and infrastructure of a much more established business. For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
Under the direction of the Post Production Manager, the Post Production Line Lead is
responsible for understanding and utilizing multiple computerized systems specific to
Carvana. Understanding the Quality Control (QC) process is essential in managing
associates and vehicles that have been received, repaired and inspected by the post
production team. This will be a position with full visibility into the business model and
interaction/collaboration with other line leads. Post Production is a six day a week
operation supporting not only inspection requirements but those of the logistics
department as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Managing Post Production Technician daily assignments and workload
• Conducts training sessions covering specified areas such as on-the-job training, use of computers and software, quality & process issues, and product knowledge
• Must be able to learn and teach new processes
• Reports on progress of employees under guidance during training periods
• Uses resources effectively and efficiently
• Align with management, supervisors and employees to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, safety regulations, and technologies
• Ensure compliance with all health and safety guidelines
• Utilize and review the quality control program for vehicles completed
• Management and direction of vehicles which have failed and require
• Review and utilize the inventory management system (IMS) for ordering parts, receiving parts, approving estimates, readylining vehicles in QC process, reviewing and following up on vehicles in QC with failure.
• Utilizing salesforce for vehicle returns, pushes and providing updates every 48 hours. Annotation of the correct information in salesforce to accurately communicate with advocates and customers.
• Manage employee schedule that is assigned and provided by the Post Production Manager
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous training experience or one year related experience
• Must have an understanding of automotive repair and vehicle standards
• Ability to interpret technical data, processes, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
• Ability to write routine correspondence
• Ability to interact effectively with all departments and employee levels
• Solid organization, project management and planning skills
• Strong problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Ability to simply and effectively communicate complex concepts and materials to individuals and groups of varying experience.
• Technical aptitude, with an understanding of computer networking and related equipment
and utilization of computer systems required to perform essential post production activities.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision, independently when needed, and as part of a team.
• Flexible, creative and innovative, with the ability to manage responsibilities and priorities in a fast-paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment.
• The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions
• Will be required to use personal protective equipment
• Frequent standing and sitting with varying periods of each
• May at times require working different shifts
• Lift up to 40 pounds frequently
• Walk up to three miles each day
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
• Full-Time Hourly Position
• Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
• 401K with company match
• Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
• Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.