At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA, YOU WILL NOTICE THAT:
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
A Senior Project Manager to join a rapidly growing organization. The Senior Project Manager will report to the Associate Director of Construction & Development to manage a team that is responsible for organizing and overseeing construction procedures on assigned projects. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience with commercial construction industry and knowledge of the building process. The ideal candidate must also possess leadership and people management skills, superior communication skills, and must be capable of working independently and collaboratively. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
This role will be based in Tempe, Arizona (travel required nationally).
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Leading a team of construction professionals to meet the commercial real estate growth goals of the company
- Reviews and updates progress and cost reports, schedules, and requirements for completion on a regular basis
- Obtain permits from appropriate authorities
- Direct the activities of vendors/consultants as required for implementations
- Utilize expertise to provide backup support and facilitate the development and growth of project staff as they expand their roles and responsibilities and strengthen their skills
- Educates and promotes the development and use of fundamental project management processes and methodologies
- Takes a leadership role in promotion of project management initiatives
- Communicates with both subcontractors and employees on the execution side as well as with internal corporate leadership regarding schedules, construction methods, company policies and procedures, permits, safety, sustainability, quality control, and other performance standards
- Interact with outside contractors such as Architects, Civil Engineers, Landscape, Utility Consultants, Soils Engineers, and other professionals
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach mutual agreement
- Assist with interviewing, hiring and managing a team of Project Managers and Coordinators
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- 10+ years of experience in project management with ground up construction
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and project management principles
- Demonstrated experience with managing multiple, large, simultaneous construction projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to interface with a variety of personalities with professionalism
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment, with an entrepreneurial approach to project management and a commitment to team support
- Able to help create, develop and implement process improvement(s)
- Must promote the company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients, and business partners
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Must be proficient in MS Office and Adobe
- Must be willing to travel as necessary (up to 50% of the time)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.