At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Carvana’s operations are complex and benefit from data, analysis, reporting, and process improvements. An ideal candidate will support our operations by understanding workflows, identifying areas of opportunity, and utilizing their technical skills to solve problems and improve processes, while providing visibility into the business unit.
This person should be anxious to leverage their analytical and technical skills to make an immediate and meaningful impact on the business. We have no shortage of data, resources or ambition at Carvana, and we are excited to bring on people who share our desire to leverage data and technology to accelerate our disruption of the traditional car buying experience.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Operational Reporting
- Collaborating with Operators to determine reporting needs
- Writing SQL logic to gather necessary data
- Development and maintenance of operational reporting (often in Tableau dashboards)
- KPI Monitoring
- Work with department leaders to develop KPIs that define success
- Develop KPI dashboards for leaders
- Regular review of dashboards
- Detailed analysis as necessary based on KPIs. Communication of findings to department leaders along with recommendations for correction
- Process Optimization and Strategic Initiatives
- Conduct regular side-by-sides with advocate operations to deeply understand functions and processes
- Collaborate with department leaders on solutions for improvement
- Model out identified solutions to forecast the impacts of proposed changes
- Recommend, design and collaborate with leadership to conduct experiments designed to improve KPIs
- Forecasting Staffing Needs
- Work with department leaders to understand required forecasting needs
- Develop and maintain forecasting models
- Meet with department leaders on monthly/quarterly basis to review forecasts to ensure operations is making necessary adjustments to prepare for the future
- Product analysis
- Collaborate with our technology leaders to design systems to capture granular data to drive future decisions
- Use data to understand where opportunities for improvement exist within our customer-facing website and our advocate-facing tools
- Conduct analysis to understand potential value of proposed technology solutions to help prioritize engineering efforts
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Math, Supply Chain, or similar field (3+ years of experience)
- 2-5 years of qualifying experience in a professional data analysis capacity
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, SQL, and Tableau
- Working experience with Python and R are a plus
- Analytical mindset with exceptional critical thinking capabilities
- Experience in data mining, reporting, analysis and driving business strategy
- Excellence in implementation, including attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage, organize, and reconcile multiple sources of information with accuracy
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.