WANTED: Copywriter who thinks in the form of big, fun, engaging, business-driving ideas.
The winds are changing. Brands such as Uber, Dollar Shave Club and Warby Parker are attracting some of the best thinkers and problem-solvers from the world of advertising. No longer do you have to go from agency to agency trying to find the right fit, or feel like a cog in the machine. You have the ability to build a brand and your portfolio without having to battle through a layer of clients, because you are the client.
We’re looking for stellar thinkers to join us at Carvana and create big ideas that will affect the behavior of our entire company and the relationship we have with our customers.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
We’re looking for a stellar advertising Copywriter who can think up big, juicy ideas and is a lover for the craft of creative writing.
And that’s just the beginning. The person we’re searching for is not just web-savvy but likely knows their way around different social media apps with their eyes closed. Sense of humor isn’t just a nice-to-have, it’s a must. And they should also have an insatiable curiosity to holistically, strategically and creatively think up ideas, fully develop them and make’m happen. They’ll work in a team environment and collaborate with all sorts of people, including their AD partner. They will also work closely with their Creative Director, an industry veteran, to produce a bevy of different kinds of content, both online and offline. If this is you and you have the opportunity to join forces with us, you will find yourself rapidly learning and producing work that will make you proud and your friends jealous. Passion and hard work is a must, as is a love of creating and writing in different voices. Knowledge of production is a plus.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE….
- Consistently generate fresh ideas solving for the communication objectives of the creative brief
- Partner with your Art Director and marketing team to conceptually think through business problems and develop strategically minded ideas to solve them through the art of copy
- Development of brand- and product-level creative concepts and layouts across multiple mediums (TV, short film, digital, social, mobile, radio, print, consumer experience and product)
- Own the review, edit and overall development of content during all phases of your projects
- Consistently bring new ideas, production solutions, content trends and tech developments to the team to aid and inspire the development of best-in-class creative
- Ability to write consistent with Carvana’s brand, style and tone of voice
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE…
- A graduate degree in English, communications, journalism, marketing or a related field
- A strong conceptual approach, translating business problems into effective consumer communications and experiences
- Knowing the difference between there, their and they’re. All kidding aside, it’s important to understand the fundamental rules of language and know how to break them at the same time
- The ability to effectively communicate an idea and take direction to further craft ideas to final form
- 4-6 years of proven writing and editing experience working with and creating content for multiple mediums – TV, short film, digital, social, mobile and print
- Ability to organize and synthesize information from multiple sources, and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to write content, copy and messages in a variety of styles, voices and tones that are adaptable to different target audiences, product categories and branding initiatives
- Ability to prioritize/re-prioritize multiple projects and/or deadlines in a fast-paced and constantly shifting work environment
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
- Ability and desire to have all their ideas killed and know there are still plenty of better ideas to create
- Hiring is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in the United States and passing a complete background check
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN….
- Full-time salary position
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our Company Introduction Video!
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. Carvana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
*This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.