WE’RE LOOKING FOR...
Carvana is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced designer to join our team. The perfect candidate will be responsible for designing well-thought and crafted creative projects at Carvana including logos, collateral, print, posters, experiential, digital and much more. The graphic designer must be able to solve design problems creatively and have an awareness of current trends in design and visual communications, but not follow said trends. Having the ability to follow timelines is a must. You will also have the opportunity to mentor younger designers, providing inspiration and oversight on their projects. Most importantly, you will see your efforts have an immediate, tangible impact at a nationwide tech company.
- Concept and execute a variety of online, offline and multimedia projects as directed
- Provide designs for branding/identity, clothing, advertising (web & print), brochures, and various other print collateral
- Run photo shoots
- Work with third-party production partners and intimately understand production processes.
- Follow brand identity standards, specifically colors, typography, and composition
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and turn projects around quickly
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, or a related field of study, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years working as a professional designer
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite and bonus for knowledge in additional applications
- A strong and consistent portfolio of design demonstrating deep understanding of typography, color, and layout.
- Extremely strong attention to detail, and excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changes quickly; always willing to roll up sleeves and get things done
- Strong technical skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills who works well within a team and independently as needed
- Ability to give others constructive feedback on their projects.
- If you have experience in After Effects or Motion Graphics, you can put it to good use with us
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN….
- Full-time salary position
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Now that we’ve laid out our hopes and dreams, we’d love to tell you a little about Carvana. We’re a tech company built around the idea of disrupting how customers shop for and buy cars.
Car shopping is known, universally, as a terrible process with no end to consumer pain points though the experience. And it’s been this way for over 75 years. That’s why we started. We sell late-model used cars 100% online. No dealerships. No salesmen. No commissions. And no hassles.
But while we sell cars, we’re not car salespeople. We’re problem solvers and technologists with the mission is to unsuck the car-shopping process, every step of the way. And we’re not innovating for the sake of innovation, we’re building new technologies with the interest of making car buying better for our customers, disrupting an industry in the process. It’s extremely fertile territory to create amazing work.
We have big hearts and big dreams. Forbes named us as one of the top-5 most promising companies in America, but we want to be number one.
We’re not a big, bloated company with layers of people, all afraid to say “yes.” The reality is, we’re only six years old and don’t have any of that baggage. You have a voice in the direction we’re headed, how we build the brand and we like to think that’s pretty powerful.
We believe times are changing and there’s a better ways to do things. It’s why we’ve built a multidisciplinary team of marketers and creatives from the agency world, working in-house to build this brand with the ability to influence every single customer touchpoint. So bring your passion and an insatiable love for your craft. We know it’s not an easy job but most jobs worth pursuing, aren’t.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.