At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
A high-energy Staff Accountant to join a rapidly growing company. Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant is responsible for understanding highly specialized accounting concepts, ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and working with other senior and staff accountants in a team-based environment. This position will support the general ledger, ensuring it is accurate on both the GL and location dimensions. This will be a position with full visibility into the business model and interaction/collaboration with other business units in the company. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Reviewing and adjusting monthly financial statements based on operational information derived from multiple data sources
- Ad-hoc management reporting and taking on special projects as needed
- Analyzing profitability trends to identify potential misstatements in the financial statements
- Reconciling Balance Sheet and P&L accounts, and maintaining supporting subledgers
- Researching complex accounting issues
- Working directly/indirectly with external auditors to ensure a smooth and timely audit process
- Other duties as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in accounting or related field
- 1-3 years experience (public a plus, but not required)
- Thorough understanding of complex Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to collaborate among multiple business units
- Strong business acumen and strong understanding of Finance and Economics
- A sense of urgency and professionalism, with impeccable communication skills
- Hiring is contingent on your verifying their eligibility to work in the United States and your passing a complete background check
THESE SKILLS ARE A PLUS:
- CPA/CPA candidate preferred
- Exposure or direct experience with A/R or A/P is preferred, but not required
- Advanced Excel skills and/or SQL experience a plus
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- Hiring is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in the United States and passing a complete background check
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.