At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
Carvana is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced training professional who will bring their passion for employee development, leadership skills, and culture to our Leadership Development team. The Leadership Development Specialist position is responsible for delivering training content for the organization’s leadership development programs company-wide. The position will help create and deliver innovative and engaging learning solutions that include facilitating in-person and virtual courses, training videos and large-scale training development events. No day will be exactly the same. This individual will act as a lead for several key leadership development initiatives and support with our internal training programs and content development. This position will work directly with our Manager of Leadership Development and design team members to develop effective Carvana leaders.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for leadership development that includes having the ability to assess the needs of current and future leaders and recommend effective learning solutions. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Deploy Leadership Development courses, programs, and resources to leaders company-wide.
- Plan, manage and facilitate learning sessions in a physical classroom, or virtual setting.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of leadership development materials, presentations and communications in partnership with Instructional Designers and Media Producers.
- Collaborate and consult with other HR partners, and business leaders to determine effective training solutions to address leadership development needs.
- Develop recommendations for leadership programs and resources that drive culture, organizational values, and optimal performance strategies.
- Maintain records of leadership development training and schedule through project management software, and Carvana’s Learning Management System.
- Assist in delivering engaging presentations in large-scale leadership development events.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning solutions for not only quality and business impact, but also scalability.
- Stay current with Adult Learning Design Industry trends and best practices.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution required
- Significant experience with training delivery, facilitation and coaching in a corporate learning environment
- Strong presentation skills
- The energy and drive to accomplish goals, meet deadlines, and find solutions
- Proven ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels within the organization, including senior management
- Exceptional teamwork skills with demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Strong leadership skills (including meeting facilitation, time management, organizational skills, and ability to influence others)
- Experience managing others is a plus
- Expert knowledge of MS PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Adult Learning and Instructional Design theories
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) is a plus
- Some travel may be required (less than 10%)
What you can expect in return:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.