If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary)
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines
- Trade in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary)
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
We’re looking for experienced engineers with a passion for tackling big problems to work within our Decision Support Systems team within larger Analytics group in Carvana. Our team is responsible for algorithms and systems that automate and optimize movement of 15K+ per month vehicles cross-country and last mile using our 9 car hauler and single car hauler fleet. We develop, test and maintain near real time algorithms and systems that continuously optimize vehicle and truck movements, delivery dates promised to customers and availability of appointments on our website. As an engineering leader in our team, you will help develop robust, scalable, maintainable backend, front end, API components that are the foundation of these sophisticated algorithms. You will have the opportunity to work with a top-caliber team of data scientists and engineers and will build software and systems that transforms advanced mathematical algorithms and models to practical decision support tools in a scalable and robust way. Most importantly, you will see the tools and systems you build have an immediate, tangible impact on our customers every day in a rapidly growing company.
- Build and manage deployment pipelines and infrastructure for python-based applications and decision support capabilities for critical software applications:
- Logistics Schedule Optimization
- Last Mile Delivery Optimization
- Staff/Driver scheduling Optimization
- Availability and Feasible Delivery Date Estimation
- Design and develop robust and scalable infrastructure for high-availability applications using technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Support lifecycle software development for teams using automated testing and deployment with continuous integration tools and pipelines (e.g. Git, VSTS)
- Design and develop simple and intuitive User Interfaces as needed
- Lead the analytics and data science team in code quality, maintainability and unit/integration testing methods
- Develop comprehensive solutions for application logging, error reporting, alerting, and task scheduling
- Conduct performance and throughput analysis and prototyping of solutions to improve system scalability
- Support data scientists and software engineers in building and deploying new services, defining data pipelines, and engineering robust and scalable data pipelines for model training, batch analytics, and real-time optimization and decision support applications
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of experience completing projects with complex data-driven optimization or analytical applications, or components with scalability, availability and robustness concerns
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, or Hard Sciences (Or equivalent practical experience). Graduate degree preferred.
- Strong coding and application development skills in Python
- Strong experience with enterprise software development using modern tools and approaches including:
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins, Cruise Control, VSTS, etc.)
- Integration/unit test frameworks (Junit, Nunit, PyUnit, etc.)
- Full regression / A/B testing
- Experience in applying one or more of the above techniques to practical business problems in supply chain, pricing, revenue management, inventory control
- Fluency in SQL
- Ability to independently manage and prioritize efforts and complete projects
- Strong communication skills
Technologies We Use:
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Cloud service platform providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Object-oriented Programming
- Data Science ecosystem (numpy, scikit-learn, matplotlib, Jupyter)
- SQL Server
- Apache Spark, DataBricks
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.