At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
An enthusiastic individual to join our team as an Associate Product Manager focused on Supply Chain, Operations and Logistics.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Coordinate with internal and external business teams or vendors to develop requirements, capture workflows and data maps for the engineering team.
- Understanding logistics and production processes to maximize efficiency and achieve operational goals
- Help develop the product roadmap, business cases and timelines
- Drive business, financial and process analysis and make operational/business recommendations
- Develop and drive analysis on our product performance while identifying problems and owning solutions
- Identify project risks and mitigation plans
- Ability to translate business requirements into user stories & epics
- Create support and training documents for internal and external users
- Perform Testing & Quality Assurance controls on product
- Assist in Go-Live planning and product rollout.
- Monitor, Collect and Report on end user feedback post launch
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE…
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Product strategy/roadmapping experience
- Experience with systems architecture, software or process mappings
- Expertise with SQL or comparable coding language
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with Tableau or Excel (analytics, recommendations & reporting)
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to effectively present complex systems analysis to executives
- Critical thinker with tolerance for ambiguity. You independently and thoughtfully develop solutions to complex problems
- Ability to work autonomously to own initiatives and drive results. You are able to work effectively across organizations to prioritize and be responsible for outcomes
- Open to feedback from all parts of the company
- A sense of humor. Read this again, if necessary
WE’D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD…
- Business management/supply chain consultant
- Definitive design sensibility (your wireframes don’t make people laugh or cry)
- 2 -3 years of experience in product management
- Knowledge of data science best practices
- Agile methodology experience or comparable product management methodology
- Automotive industry experience
- Experience with Supply Chain Management Systems
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. Carvana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.