At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
Carvana is looking for a creative, passionate Instructional Designer who will help create training content for high-level technical and leadership development training programs across our Inspection Center organization. The Instructional Designer will design, develop and deliver innovative and engaging learning solutions including videos, self-guided learning, instructor-led courses and other educational content to support technical and leadership development training efforts across our vehicle reconditioning sites. This position will work closely with our Inspection Center leadership team, IC Talent and Reconditioning Training teams. This role requires a passion for continuous learning and for creating best-in-class learning solutions.
This role will be a salaried, full-time position based out of our office located in Scottsdale, AZ and will report to the Senior Director of Inspection Centers. Up to 10% travel may be required.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
You must be prepared to help with a variety of administrative, support and general business organizational items. This may include:
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods to define learning objectives and develop technical training curriculum.
- Leverage functional expertise in adult learning theory, learning principles and behavioral psychology to develop effective and scalable training plans and curriculum designed to develop leadership and technical capabilities.
- Use instructional design and multimedia skills to design and develop new learning materials including videos, e-learning modules, workbooks, instructor guides and job aids that will drive organizational learning and results.
- Partner with Inspection Center leadership, IC Talent and Reconditioning Training teams to identify training needs of the target audience, understand the expectations for technical and leadership roles across the organization and create accurate and effective content that will fill training needs.
- Determine instructional end goals and objectives and effectively partner to create content that will drive the Inspection Center organization to meet those goals and objectives.
- Provide creative exercises and activities that will enhance the learning process.
- Develop effective deliverables for Inspection Center technical and leadership development training programs and determine best media platform for facilitation (instructor-led, e-learning content, offline trainings, video, role plays, assessments, etc).
- Work cross-functionally to conduct training needs assessments and build training plans accordingly.
- Maintain and leverage knowledge of adult learning techniques and methods to create impactful training content.
- Define the criteria used to assess learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments to evaluate the effectiveness of training.
- Train others to ensure successful and consistent program facilitation across different Inspection Center sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
This position requires an organized critical thinker that is interested in gaining exposure across Carvana’s operations. Required skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in instructional design with at least 2 years experience in adult training in a corporate or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge in adult learning theory and instructional design development and delivery methods
- Outstanding communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong organizational skills and acute attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize like a ninja
- Demonstrated expertise in creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances the learning experience
- Experience with creative content tools in Adobe Creative Cloud; Learning Management Systems a plus
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.