Flex Advocate, Market Operations
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
The Flex Advocate, Market Operations is an energetic Senior Customer Advocate that has drive, ambition, and a passion for efficiency. The Flex Advocate must be nimble and able to work on their feet in any situation and in any market where needed. Travel is required and is estimated at 75% of total time. What we’re saying is don’t give up your lease just yet, but get ready to rack up those travel miles!
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
The Flex Advocate, Market Operations reports directly into the Territory Manager and serves as the Territory Managers right hand man. The Flex Advocate works to make our Market Operations HUBs better, Advocates better, and serves as a troubleshooter, trainer, and supporter for all things Market Operations. This may include:
Serving the Territory - A large part of the Flex Advocate role is being the best Customer Advocate a market has ever seen while also being an extension of the Territory Manager. The Flex Advocate plays a role in the training and development of Advocates, the organization and efficiency of a HUB and any number of other projects as directed.
Being a Champion of Change - Attitude, Attitude, Attitude. It has to be good. It has to be positive. Drink the Kool-Aid, Serve the Kool-Aid, Be the Kool-Aid! The Flex Advocate is a Brand Ambassador. The Flex Advocate should change bad habits, be the cure for mediocrity, set the example and work with the Territory Manager to make their territory GREAT.
Setting the Example - As an extension of the Territory Manager, the Flex Advocate will be given responsibilities far beyond those of their peers and will be attuned to plans and inner workings within Market Operations that they will be expected to treat with the utmost discretion. The Flex Advocate will be expected to conduct themselves with the highest possible level of integrity and to earn the respect of those they serve with. And, while doing all of that, we expect the Flex Advocate to have a lot of fun and to take full advantage of the opportunities afforded through the role.
Growing and Being a Leader - The Flex Advocate will be leaned upon for advice and feedback on emerging issues and concerns and as such, they are expected to candidly express observations, as well as opinions. The Flex Advocate will be expected to facilitate the flow of communications in all directions and to keep a finger on the pulse of the HUBs that they serve.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Driving a truck – a kick-ass, customized single-car hauler, to be exact. A MAJOR part of this job is
doing deliveries and Flex Advocates must be willing to take on the challenge of being an expert Hauler operator under all conditions.
- The Flex Advocate will prep cars, wash cars, perform inspections, schedule logistics, communicate with customers, and complete customer paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in a customer facing role
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both internally and externally
- A heightened attention to detail with incredible organization skills
- Experience coaching and motivating others
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems
- Ability to be an individual contributor while also thriving in a team environment
- An enviable level of integrity
- Ability to switch gears quickly
- Reliable deadline and task management skills
- Efficient at working in “travel environments” This means emailing from a hot cramped airplane seat, getting incredibly comfortable with hotel desks, and being on conference calls while going through airport security. But hey, you will be a jet-setting business traveler with a motivated supportive team spread throughout the country!
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
WE’D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD:
- In-depth understanding of Carvana’s customer experience process and procedures
- Project management experience
- Experience guiding teams to exceed goals
- High influencing skills
Travel: Over 75%, mainly regionally, sometimes on short notice.
Preference will be given to internal candidates.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Full-time salaried position
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Employee car discount
- Opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others
- Company culture of internal promotions, diverse career paths and rapid advancement
- Access to an incredibly sharp and innovative leadership team
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screening. This position also requires a DOT physical and 5-year DMV record review.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.