At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...:
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day. In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
An industrial development leader to join a rapidly growing organization. The Assistant Development Manager, Infrastructure Development will report to the Senior Development Manager, Infrastructure Development to manage a team that is responsible for organizing and overseeing the development process for Infrastructure projects across asset classes. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience with real estate, specifically the knowledge of the development process for large ground up projects. The ideal candidate must also possess people management skills, superior communication skills, and must be capable of working independently and collaboratively. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
This role will be based in Tempe, Arizona (travel required nationally).
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Partner with all groups in the Infrastructure Development team to support project activities and meet target deadlines
- Support multiple projects with a high level of organization and detail
- Providing support to the Real Estate team as needed coordinating meetings, preparing meeting agendas, and generating and publishing meeting minutes.
- Review and update progress, cost, schedules, and requirements for completion
- Recognize the critical path of each project and track progress
- Attend and support project planning meetings
- Develop and maintain relationships with the project team, clients, and stakeholders through open and confident communication, establishing trust
- Follow up with the team to ensure tasks are being completed on schedule
- Understand the team strengths and weaknesses and be able to provide support where identified
- Consistent use of fundamental project management processes and methodologies
- Continuously manage change and suggest new strategies/guidelines to the process
- Capture and apply lessons learned on future projects
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- 0-3 years minimum experience in commercial real estate development or 3-5 years combined experience of development, entitlements, construction or a related field.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant industry
- In-depth understanding of project management principles and commercial development process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Inquisitive and a lifelong learner
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to interface with a variety of personalities with professionalism
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Possesses an entrepreneurial approach to project management and a commitment to team support
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, collaborative, and ever changing environment
- Must promote the company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients, and business partners
- Must be willing to travel as necessary (up to 50% of the time)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.