At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you’ll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
An experienced Real Estate Paralegal (or Associate Paralegal, Real Estate DOQ) to join a rapidly growing organization with a high volume of real estate transactional needs. The Real Estate Paralegal will report to Carvana’s Senior Real Estate Counsel and work closely with Carvana’s real estate and legal teams. Qualified candidates will have 5 or more years of directly relevant commercial real estate experience in a private practice or corporate legal department, supporting some or all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, whether that experience has been primarily in leasing, purchase or sale.
The ideal candidate must identify having familiarity with and interest in retail, industrial or office leasing or acquisition, together with time management and prioritization aptitude, a desire to grow and learn within an ambitious and high-energy environment, and a willingness to be a team contributor as initiatives and process continue to evolve with the company’s growth.
This role will provide opportunities for learning and growth in various facets of contract, diligence and project management responsibilities in all types of real estate transactions, including leases, purchases, sale-leasebacks, and development agreements, among others. The Real Estate Paralegal will be responsible for a broad scope of work, potentially supporting multiple attorneys and a high volume project flow. You will need to work collaboratively with all members of a six-person (and growing) real estate legal team and must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize work across multiple projects as assigned in real-time. Your efforts will have a tangible impact within a blitz-scaling national real estate roll-out in a rapidly growing company.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE...
- Supporting the legal team specifically as well as the real estate department, generally, by performing or assisting with real estate acquisition diligence, assisting with contract workflow, and supporting the needs of the legal team throughout the transaction life-cycle
- Coordinating, reviewing or providing analysis or summaries for real estate diligence, including title commitments or policies, easements and CCRs, surveys, and environmental reports
- Assisting the legal team with project management, project tracking and project support, as assigned, regularly communicating and coordinating with internal teams and external vendors and counter-parties as needed
- Supporting the real estate legal team in prioritizing across tasks, resolving issues, and completing projects as assigned, predicting and “owning” next steps, as applicable
- Assisting in various facets of contract and transaction workflow, file management, project tracking, transaction closings, and other tasks for real estate purchase, sale, financing, and lease transactions
- Supporting and assisting with the management of vendor engagement and relationships, including serving as key point of contact and reviewing vendor reports and invoices
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Prior directly relevant and transferable real estate experience in a legal department or law firm setting
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or Associate Degree with a Paralegal Certificate
- Demonstrated proficiency in organizational and time-management responsibilities with ability to identify specific goals or accomplishments that show an interest in real estate transactions, generally
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated experience and desire to be an integral part of a fast-paced team that takes on challenging and complex projects, with a focus on support functions related to project tracking, document management and process implementation
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
- Hiring is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in the United States and passing a complete background check
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.