At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
... And to see a video about why we love working at Carvana, go here: https://youtu.be/93pa9NmlrYc
As a technology company, Carvana is committed to investing in innovative ideas as we build world class operations systems. With Carvana growing as fast as we are, it's becoming increasingly important to be able to lean on technology to scale, rather than manual operations.
The Carvana Operations Engineering team is a passionate, driven, team-oriented, and fun-natured group, dedicated to building the best for our internal teams to achieve high quality scale. Our team is an extremely important group of engineers tasked with this lofty objective. We don’t lean on out of the box CRM tools, we build for the best using modern engineering practices and elegant user interfaces. We won’t rely on internal operations headcount to scale, but continue to invest in automation built on near-real time vendor integrations, computer vision, real-time task prioritization, and tailored user interfaces built for the work our operations teams do.
As an engineer, you will see how the results of your work on a daily basis, and are provided the freedom to imagine how you can make them even better every day. We are looking for smart people who can roll up their sleeves, not be afraid to share ideas, are passionate but humble, and have a drive to deliver value!
We believe engineers are not bound by language and want to make sure we get the best people we can find. Our current projects use C#, SQL Server, and Azure to create a GraphQL back-end to support our ongoing initiatives. Our front end is built with the React ecosystem to create intuitive, bespoke user interfaces.
Our team has multiple positions open for front end, back end, and full stack engineers. Please apply and tell us what you're interested in… especially if you are also a kind, collaborative, brave, sharp, and customer-focused human. We'd love to hear what you're passionate about.
*Also, this position does require that you work 100%, full-time, on site at our HQ in Tempe, Arizona. If you don't live here or if you can't relocate here, then we are sorry! But we do have an extremely flexible work schedule, and we are so awesome that you won't mind seeing our beautiful faces live and in the flesh every day.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Actively contribute to the development life cycle end-to-end: problem discovery, ideation, requirements gathering, solution design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Lead and participate in peer discussions on architecture and overall direction of Carvana platforms
- Collaborate with team members to design solutions within the architecture of our existing systems
- Other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS, depending on position:
- .NET development (C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Web API) experience
- Knowledge of DOM APIs and asynchronous programming patterns
- An understanding of web application security and performance
- Familiarity with design patterns and N-Tier architecture
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting experience
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Carvana engineers work closely with many teams and require great interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a good sense of humor
- Ability to write good unit and integration tests
- Microservice architecture
- Creating GraphQL services
- Reactive Services, Event-driven architecture
- NoSQL databases
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience developing for and deploying to Azure
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information