Carvana (IT’S NOT EASY TO SELL CARS ONLINE)
It’s simple, our customers need engaging experiences online to make a huge purchase on something as personal as a car. Complete transparency is required, no surprises allowed upon delivery - only excitement.
This is not a hollow promise. Failure to meet expectations means our logistics team must go pick up the car so we can issue a refund or a replacement.
The people and technology involved leave no dull moments. Careful thought, collaboration, and execution is what allows us to succeed in serving our customers.
Senior Mobile iOS Engineer - Atlanta
As a senior mobile iOS engineer at Carvana you will have the opportunity to drive the design and development of mission critical, high-priority, high-visibility projects including existing deep tech frameworks as well as new initiatives (read: greenfield). You will join a team of highly competent, driven, and supportive engineers in our Atlanta office as well as HQ in Phoenix and beyond.
Responsibilities (WHY WE NEED YOU)
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to establish appropriate intent of our mobile applications
- Design, develop, test, deliver, support, and improve our mobile ecosystem
- Appropriately manage priorities, dependencies, scope, dates, and deliverables
- Plan and coordinate the execution of work among a team while balancing priorities
- Represent a long-term perspective on our mobile technologies
- Maintain the integrity of our SDKs, frameworks, and application
- Mentor and empower other team members through conversations in person, pairing, email/slack, code reviews, etc.
- Architect, develop, and integrate complex mobile applications
- Quickly, continuously, and reliably delivery mobile applications in multiple contexts
- Over-communicate expectations, actions, adjustments, etc.
- Demonstrate empathy and drive
Preferred Skills and Experience (WHAT WE THINK MAY HELP)
- Extensive professional experience with Swift and/or Objective-C
- Extensive professional experience developing mobile iOS applications within large, complex technical landscapes with a variety of different needs and users
- Proficiency with best practices, patterns, understanding trade-offs in software design
- Experience designing, developing, testing, delivering (App Store, etc.), and supporting mobile applications that rely on non-trivial backend systems.
- Interest and ability to learn other technologies and services as needed
- Experience developing mobile applications within teams
- Experience working with Core Data or Similar Framework
- Experience with Continuous Integration for mobile applications
- Experience and passion for debugging and troubleshooting to understand how your application is acting in the customer’s hands
- Understanding of multithreading principles and best practices
- Passion for quality, performance, resilience at scale
- Drive to monitor and inspect complex systems
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
Other Related Skills (THINGS YOU MAY ENCOUNTER HERE)
- Swift, Objective-C, Xcode
- Core Data, CocoaPods, RxSwift, Realm
- Git, Azure DevOps, Bitbucket
- Fabric, Crashlytics, MLVision
- AWS, REST APIs, Swagger
What to expect from Carvana (THE COMPLETE PACKAGE)
- Competitive Salary (AND THIS IS JUST THE START)
- Medical Benefits (CARVANA COVERS 100% OF EMPLOYEE MEDICAL PREMIUMS)
- Dental and Vision Benefits (THIS IS STANDARD, JUST KNOW WE GOT IT)
- Employee car discounts and perks (DUH!)
- 401K with company match (YOUR FUTURE IS BRIGHT)
- Autonomous and transparent work environment (WE WANT TOP TALENT FOR A REASON)
- Encouraging and supportive work environment (YOUR GROWTH IS OUR GROWTH)
- Fun and playful work environment (FUN DRIVES US)
- Flexible and understanding work environment (LIFE HAPPENS WE GET IT)
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.