At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
We’re looking for…
A driven and resourceful person well versed in all things data on our Strategic Partnerships team.
The Strategic Partnerships team at Carvana develops new business partnerships, lines of business, and go-to-market strategies to support top and bottom line growth while continuously improving the customer experience. We are looking for a high potential candidate to work within our enterprise data stack to aid the throughput of our existing partnerships. The ideal candidate is both a builder and a strategic thinker and has equal parts hustle and polish. You’ll be creative, collaborative, competitive, persistent, independent, passionate and results oriented.
Carvana is a complex business with rich sets of data coming from our e-commerce site and apps, internal operations, credit decisioning platform, and logistics network. Excellence in analytics is vital to the trajectory of the business and allows us to continue delivering outstanding customer experiences. Our analysts drive actionable insight by combining sophisticated analysis and compelling narrative. The ideal candidate will have a deep quantitative background, keen product instincts, and display proficient written and verbal communication skills.
What you’ll do:
- Translate data into consumable, actionable narratives; regularly update the company, including senior leadership, with results and strategic recommendations
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Operations to assess performance and identify and prioritize opportunities
- Explore and segment data to identify and explain key drivers; design and build models, dashboards, and visualizations to support Product teams
- Design split tests, interpret results, and communicate the broader implications
- Structure complex and sometimes ambiguous business issues and develop compelling, insightful recommendations to improve upon the systems in place.
Qualities and experience we’re looking for:
- Quantitative undergraduate degree (such as math, finance, computer science, engineering, etc.) with a strong academic record
- Analytical thinking. Capable of the full scope of data-driven decision-making: diving deep to understand the nuances of individual data points, defining illuminating summary statistics and visualizations, crafting simple yet accurate narratives, and employing all of the foregoing to improve our product and business.
- Intuitive problem solving. Understand and think through causal relationships and ripple effects. Confidence in tackling emerging and complex problems
- Technical proficiency. Ability to write clean SQL queries and employ visualization tools (e.g. Tableau). Curiosity to continue learning new analytical methods and tools. Familiarity with data pipelines, common mobile and web technologies, and general software development practices.
- Excellence in communication. Ability to collaborate and speak the language of our Creative, Product, Engineering, and Executive teams.
- Product sensibility. A student of products with sharp intuition about customers and user experience. Consumer Internet and e-commerce experience is a plus.
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.