At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
A driven and resourceful person well versed in all things data to join our team as Analyst, Ancillary Products. Ancillary products are critical to Carvana’s core value proposition of changing the way people buy cars while contributing significantly to Carvana’s top- and bottom-line performance. Carvana is a complex business with rich sets of data coming from our e-commerce site and apps, internal operations, credit decisioning platform, and logistics network. Excellence in analytics is vital to the trajectory of the business and allows us to continue delivering outstanding customer experiences. Our analysts drive actionable insight by combining sophisticated analysis and compelling narrative.
The ideal candidate will have a deep quantitative background, keen product instincts, and display proficient written and verbal communication skills. They are both a builder and a strategic thinker and has equal parts hustle and polish. You’ll be creative, collaborative, competitive, persistent, independent, passionate and results oriented. You'll thrive in an environment that requires both applying strategic, analytical thinking to complex problems and getting your hands dirty in the execution.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING...
- Translate data into consumable, actionable narratives; regularly update the company, including senior leadership, with results and strategic recommendations
- Explore and segment data to identify and explain key drivers; design and build models, dashboards, and visualizations to support Product teams
- Create SQL tables and other data infrastructure to organize key data related to Ancillary Products.
- Use sophisticated analytical techniques including regression analyses to diagnose anomalies in KPIs.
- Create financial models in Excel and scripting languages to evaluate and recommend adjustments to business strategy, and to generate business line forecasts.
- Automate finance and operational tasks using R, Python, VBA, and other tools.
- Structure complex and sometimes ambiguous business issues and develop compelling, insightful recommendations to improve upon the systems in place.
- Multitask and prioritize with the swiftness of a ninja. We work within multiple systems, so the pace is fast and you’ll rarely be doing one thing at a time.
- No day will be exactly like the other. Being adaptable and flexible are critical!
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST….
This is an Analyst role. The qualifying candidate must be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, organized, and self-motivated, with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization. The role requires:
- BA/BS or MS in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, or Engineering preferred; BS/MS in Finance, Economics, or business fields considered with adequate technical background.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Proven experience working in SQL
- Exposure to at least one statistical programming language Python, R, SAS, MATLAB, etc.
- Knowledge of statistics and regression analysis
- Excellent communicator with the ability to succinctly, confidently, and articulately defend and challenge positions in verbal and written communications.
- Critical thinker with tolerance for ambiguity. You independently and thoughtfully develop solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to work autonomously to own initiatives and drive results. You are able to work effectively across organizations to prioritize and be responsible for outcomes.
- Great listener, collaborator, and builder of influence across teams and organizations.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE...
- Experience in the insurance industry, whether it is related to analytics, underwriting, product, or marketing.
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.